Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do not get all gifts

+5
tamildv
Sonny Boy
GASBS
wuju_metal
Mary Sweden
9 posters

Go down

do not get all gifts Empty do not get all gifts

Post by Mary Sweden Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:24 am

Hi!
Me and my friend play side by side but the gift that he send do not come to me.
The gift I send came to him and I have received gifts from other friends.
Do anyone know what the problem is?

Best regards
Marie

Mary Sweden

Level : 17
Items I Can Gift : I can send: video wall, disposable schampoo, goal post, computer,whiskey, cockpit glas, welder,

Back to top Go down

do not get all gifts Empty Re: do not get all gifts

Post by wuju_metal Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:15 am

HI Mary Sweden

All i can tell i got this same problem, and as well playing (side by side) and gift not come, 3 day in row now, i receive gifts ..but not all of them. Please help

wuju_metal

Level : 30
Items I Can Gift : Do Not Disturb Sign, Fuel (3 units), Air Conditioner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Landing Lamp, Projector, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmission, Slide Rule, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Drill Machine, Additional Radar, Smoke Detector, Spare Wire, Server Rack, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:41 am

I'm experiencing the same problem, both sending and receiving. Recently I've had two separate players send me All-Inclusive Bracelets and they haven't come through. Also I've sent gifts to others that haven't got through either. I'm on an Android phone and a friend who unsuccessfully tried to send me stuff has got an iPhone - maybe this is the problem; you can't send gifts between phone platforms? Whatever the reason, it's Game Insight's fault!
GASBS
GASBS

Level : 70
Items I Can Gift : See signature

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonny Boy Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:28 am

I thought you can't be friends if you use different OS on your phones. So maybe you have someone else as friend but not your real friend?

Sonny Boy

Level : 35
Items I Can Gift : Can send: fuel(3), earrings, cognac, whitegold bracelet, DND sign, airconditioner, cockpit window, welder, photo album, landinglight, copy machine,channel bar, passengers(10), powerful radio transmitter, POS terminal, fuel supply, jet engine, wide angle binoculars, fuel additives, drill machine, additional radar, amperemeter, spare wire, laser cutter, landing gear, oscillating beacon, catering, cooling chamber, navigation module, archive box, fuel hose, gyroscoop, spare propellor, deicer, grinding machine, video wall, laser level, old lantern, sleigh oil

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:50 am

He's definitely the right friend - he's a colleage of mine who plays on an iPhone. We sat next to each other while he sent me a gift and it came through ok. I think it's just another f*** up or crafty move by Game Insight, not allowing certain items to be sent/received so you have to use greens on them. I've needed 4 All-Inclusive Bracelets for ages now and I don't think I will get them without buying them with greens. It says (on my Android version) that I can only receive them as a gift but on my colleague's iPhone version it says he can receive them either as gifts or as flights to Goa. And I don't know of a single Android user who can actually gift these bracelets - there's a strong smell of foul play by Game Insight in the air...
GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:52 pm

So as a follow up, I submitted a support request to Game Insight:

Hello,

Could you please tell me why I am not receiving All-Inclusive Bracelets as gifts from any of my friends? It seems there are very few people who can gift these items and the majority (if not all) appear to be on iOS platforms. Other gifts are getting through fine but not the bracelets. I notice in your FAQ that it states you cannot receive a gift if your experience level is lower than that person sending the gift. Well my experience level is higher than that of the friend so I should receive the gift. Not only that, in the same FAQ it states that the gift will automatically be converted to a fuel barrel - this is not the case with me and I simply don't receive any gift at all.
My hotel has been half built for months now and it is getting rather tiresome. Could you also tell me why the hotel items are now only receivable via gifting and not also, as on my friend's iOS, via flights to, for example, Goa?

Many thanks.

It took them a week and a half to muster up a response, and here it is. Another shining example of the somewhat inadequate customer service we have all come to know and really not love...

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!

My name is Eugene and I am glad to help you.
Items required to open a Hotel can be obtained from your friends. The thing is that each player has only one of the four items in the list of gifts which can be sent to other players. The more friends you have, the higher is the chance that you will get all items you need.
To make the game process easier for you we have FAQ where you can find answers to most typical in-game questions like: how to get banknotes, sell a plane, how to earn skills and many others.
Please, follow the link: http://gameinsight.zendesk.com/categories/20033473-airport-city-for-android
In the meantime, feel free to contact us again if you have further questions.
Thank you for playing our game! We appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Eugene Krylov
Your Support Team

Was it me? Did I phrase my question poorly or illegibly? Did I not make several references to the fact I had at least sniffed around their FAQ section to try and find the answer to my question? What a joke. And to rub salt in the wound, at the end of their email was written 'we are going to go ahead and mark my request as solved.' Oh cheers that's smashing, thanks very much. Rant over.
GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:49 pm

Very Happy - What can I say - this says a lot about their stupid support team (what a joke)...

Join the club of "GIS Suck"!!!
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:01 am

The palava continues...

Hello
Thank you for your response, but it did not address my questions. As invited, I have rated the response as "Bad, I'm unsatisfied", adding the following comment:

My questions were not answered at all. They weren't even close to being answered. I don't believe my questions were phrased poorly or illegibly, so I am going to have to assume the response I received was just a bad attempt to fob me off. The response I received just told me something I already know and then told me to go and look at the FAQ section of your website (which, in your own words, is there to make the game process easier). Did I or did I not make several references to the fact I have been to your FAQ section? The FAQ section did not help me with my questions, hence the reason for submitting a support request. I'd be very grateful if you would re-read my original submission, and answer the questions.

Also, I'd appreciate in future that you don't say you are 'going to go ahead and mark my request as solved' until a) you have asked my opinion on whether or not I feel my request has been solved, and b) you have solved it. It's irritating.

Kind regards

The point of your inquiry concerning the items for the Hotel was paid attention to and explained in details in my previous message.
In case you have additional questions concerning the matter, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.
Sincerely,
Eugene Krylov
Your Support Team

No it wasn't. I believe my question was - and I'll cut and paste it from the original submission just to be absolutely certain - "Could you please tell me why I am not receiving All-Inclusive Bracelets as gifts from any of my friends? Other gifts are getting through fine but not the bracelets."

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards

I could just leave it - I'm never going to get anywhere - but I'm engaged now...
GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tuttle Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Lol git em dawg. I hope you get somewhere with GIS but I'd bet against you (sorry dude). My experience is that you need to run their heads into a brick wall repeatedly for them to admit a problem, then if they admit a problem their only remedy is greens which doesn't address your original problem. Good luck, crossing fingers!
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Level : 40
Items I Can Gift : Fuel(3),Bath Towel,Goal Posts,ATM,Chocolate Candies,Cockpit Glass,Welder,Great Shots,Landing Lamp,Radar,Channel Bar,Passengers(10),Powerful Radio Transmitter,Assembly Robot,Flight Goggles,Eau de Toilette,Fuel Supply,Jet Engine,Stapler,Fuel Additives,Power Source,Additional Radar,White Gold Bracelet,Amperemeter,Spare Wire,Laser Cutter,Landing Gear,Oscillating Beacon,Flight Catering,Cooling Chamber,Navigation Module,Archive Box,Fuel Hose,Gyroscope,Spare Propeller,Deicer,Air Vent Filter

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 pm

nice one GASBS - continue to chase them up...

I have three tickets they keep trying to close down and I keep opening them... Stay civil and keep going back to them... I know it is a pain but don't give up...
tamildv
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:24 am

It's all academic now anyway, since TDV kindly threw 4 bracelets my way. But if there's one thing that really pisses me off, it's a customer service representative that isn't interested. So I will chase it up and I'll chase it to the death, if only to get on their tits. Think I'm going to have to play it with an uber straight bat though - I know english isn't their first language and I don't in any way hold that against them, but, like, just answer my damn question will you?
GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 am

Round 3...

Eugene Krylov, Jan 14 16:37 (MSK):

The point of the problem was explained in details during our correspondence.

The game feature is that these items (that are necessary for opening the Hotel) can be received as gifts from your neighbours. Each of them has only one of the four items in the list of gifts which can be sent to other players. The fact the item hasn't been received in the game yet means that none of them sent the item. The more friends you have, the higher is the chance that you will get the item under question.

Should you come across additional questions you need my assistance with, please feel free to e-mail me back and open the request for a further discussion.

Sincerely,
Eugene Krylov
Your Support Team

We are going to go ahead and mark your request as solved. If you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reply to this email and we will gladly further assist you.

You don't receive any response from our team? Check your Spam folder! Due to spam settings set some of our e-mails may get suspended leading to accidental miscommunication.

GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:53 am

Dear Eugene,

Thank you for your reply. I am pleased to see you have had a crack at answering my question, however I am unsatisfied with your answer and shall explain why. If I may, I shall respond to your sentences one by one:

a) "The point of the problem was explained in details during our correspondence."

The problem was not explained in details. You went off at a tangent, trying to tell me something I already knew, instead of answering my question.

b) "The game feature is that these items (that are necessary for opening the Hotel) can be received as gifts from your neighbours."

This is becoming tiresome. I was, am, and continue to be well aware of the fact that these items can only be gifted by neighbours, and that each player can only gift one of the four types of item required for the hotel. I can gift 'Disposable Shampoo', from which many of my neighbours have benefited. I did also ask why this is the case, and why some versions of Airport City (like my friend's, for example) allow some of these items to be dropped from locations such as Goa. But let's put that to one side for a second - we have a more important task at hand.

c) "Each of them has only one of the four items in the list of gifts which can be sent to other players."

Refer to response to b).

d) "The fact the item hasn't been received in the game yet means that none of them sent the item."

Aha. You have addressed my question! Phew, I can stop tearing my hair out now. Only one problem - your answer is at best ill-informed and at worst nonsense. Allow me to elaborate: I have a colleague (a friend actually, the same friend referred to in b)'s response), who sat with me - side by side - while he sent me an All-Inclusive Bracelet. I watched him do it, and I'm fairly sure I wasn't hallucinating at the time. He got the pop-up box stating "Gift Sent - Neighbors will appreciate your help and may help you in return." We waited a while, then waited some more. We got a coffee (decaf, one sugar for him) and talked about memories past. Much time passed and the All-Inclusive Bracelet he sent me still had not arrived at my airport. We tried again the following day and the same thing happened, much to my disappointment. He sent me a different gift (a Stapler) to check I could actually receive from him, and the Stapler came through almost instantly. The next day he tried sending the All-Inclusive Bracelet again and it never came. A number of other users have advised me they have also sent me All-Inclusive Bracelets, none of which I ever received. So my question remains: Can you please tell me why I am not receiving All-Inclusive Bracelets? And please don't try and blame it on the other users lying, or my friend accidentally sending me some other item.

e) "We are going to go ahead and mark your request as solved. If you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reply to this email and we will gladly further assist you."

I've warned you about this.

Kind regards
GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:59 am

Love it...
tamildv
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tuttle Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:59 am

Anything more on this GASBS?
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Items I Can Gift : Fuel(3),Bath Towel,Goal Posts,ATM,Chocolate Candies,Cockpit Glass,Welder,Great Shots,Landing Lamp,Radar,Channel Bar,Passengers(10),Powerful Radio Transmitter,Assembly Robot,Flight Goggles,Eau de Toilette,Fuel Supply,Jet Engine,Stapler,Fuel Additives,Power Source,Additional Radar,White Gold Bracelet,Amperemeter,Spare Wire,Laser Cutter,Landing Gear,Oscillating Beacon,Flight Catering,Cooling Chamber,Navigation Module,Archive Box,Fuel Hose,Gyroscope,Spare Propeller,Deicer,Air Vent Filter

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:50 am

Not really to be honest - he's asked me for phone details and firmware etc. Think he may actually be trying to solve the problem, which is no fun at all.

I do have another support request on the go though: I bit the bullet and decided to buy 32 greens in the 300% promotion. Guess what the issue was... Answers on a postcard.
GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tuttle Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:28 pm

I guess.... they credited you way too many greens. Am I right? Wink
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Unfortunately for me, no. Funny you should suggest that however, as my friend (the same friend mentioned in the 'All-Inclusive Bracelets' saga) made a purchase for 112 greens and was credited with 3024 greens! No joke. His airport is huge! But unfortunately for him being on about level 20, he still only has enough coins for a level 3 runway which, as you can imagine, looks quite silly in the middle of a vast expanse of grey!
GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyCDA Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 am

If it makes you feel any better, GASBS, Eugene was the GIS-head who was first of three in my visitation of neighbors/gifts problem. He also closed my request as solved after vaguely telling me it was a bug that would be fixed sometime in an upcoming patch and to be patient. Interestingly, it wasn't until I threatened to have my cc reverse charges on my last greens purchase that the problem got solved. :-) Well, that or they restore my game after I reinstalled with all my special buildings. Oh look, we can fix it, just enter this code...

SallyCDA

Level : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by GASBS Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:39 pm

Just as a follow up, as it seems others are having the same problem. I've posted the whole conversation for an easier read:

Hello,

Could you please tell me why I am not receiving All-Inclusive Bracelets as gifts from any of my friends? It seems there are very few people who can gift these items and the majority (if not all) appear to be on iOS platforms. Other gifts are getting through fine but not the bracelets. I notice in your FAQ that it states you cannot receive a gift if your experience level is lower than that person sending the gift. Well my experience level is higher than that of the friend so I should receive the gift. Not only that, in the same FAQ it states that the gift will automatically be converted to a fuel barrel - this is not the case with me and I simply don't receive any gift at all.

My hotel has been half built for months now and it is getting rather tiresome. Could you also tell me why the hotel items are now only receivable via gifting and not also, as on my friend's iOS, via flights to, for example, Goa?

Many thanks,
Will

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!

My name is Eugene and I am glad to help you.

Items required to open a Hotel can be obtained from your friends. The thing is that each player has only one of the four items in the list of gifts which can be sent to other players. The more friends you have, the higher is the chance that you will get all items you need.

To make the game process easier for you we have FAQ where you can find answers to most typical in-game questions like: how to get banknotes, sell a plane, how to earn skills and many others.

Please, follow the link: http://gameinsight.zendesk.com/categories/20033473-airport-city-for-android
In the meantime, feel free to contact us again if you have further questions.
Thank you for playing our game! We appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Eugene Krylov
Your Support Team

We are going to go ahead and mark your request as solved. If you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reply to this email and we will gladly further assist you.

You don't receive any response from our team? Check your Spam folder! Due to spam settings set some of our e-mails may get suspended leading to accidental miscommunication.

Hello

Thank you for your response, but it did not address my questions. As invited, I have rated the response as "Bad, I'm unsatisfied", adding the following comment:

My questions were not answered at all. They weren't even close to being answered. I don't believe I phrased my questions poorly or illegibly, so I am going to have to assume the response I received was just a bad attempt to fob me off. The response I received just told me something I already know and then told me to go and look at the FAQ section of your website (which, in your own words, is there to make the game process easier). Did I or did I not make several references to the fact I have been to your FAQ section? The FAQ section did not help me with my questions, hence the reason for submitting a support request. I'd be very grateful if you would re-read my original submission, and answer the questions.

Also, I'd appreciate in future that you don't say you are 'going to go ahead and mark my request as solved' until a) you have asked my opinion on whether or not I feel my request has been solved, and b) you have solved it. It's irritating.

Kind regards,
Will

The point of your inquiry concerning the items for the Hotel was paid attention to and explained in details in my previous message.

In case you have additional questions concerning the matter, please let me know.
Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Eugene Krylov
Your Support Team

No it wasn't. I believe my question was - and I'll cut and paste it from the original submission just to be absolutely certain - "Could you please tell me why I am not receiving All-Inclusive Bracelets as gifts from any of my friends? Other gifts are getting through fine but not the bracelets."

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,
Will

The point of the problem was explained in details during our correspondence.

The game feature is that these items (that are necessary for opening the Hotel) can be received as gifts from your neighbours. Each of them has only one of the four items in the list of gifts which can be sent to other players. The fact the item hasn't been received in the game yet means that none of them sent the item. The more friends you have, the higher is the chance that you will get the item under question.

Should you come across additional questions you need my assistance with, please feel free to e-mail me back and open the request for a further discussion.

Sincerely,
Eugene Krylov
Your Support Team

Dear Eugene,

Thank you for your reply. I am pleased to see you have had a crack at answering my question, however I am unsatisfied with your answer and shall explain why. If I may, I shall respond to your sentences one by one:

a) "The point of the problem was explained in details during our correspondence."

The problem was not explained in details. You went off at a tangent, trying to tell me something I already knew, instead of answering my question.

b) "The game feature is that these items (that are necessary for opening the Hotel) can be received as gifts from your neighbours."

This is becoming tiresome. I was, am, and continue to be well aware of the fact that these items can only be gifted by neighbours, and that each player can only gift one of the four types of item required for the hotel. I can gift 'Disposable Shampoo', from which many of my neighbours have benefited. I did also ask why this is the case, and why some versions of Airport City (like my friend's, for example) allow some of these items to be dropped from locations such as Goa. But let's put that to one side for a second - we have a more important task at hand.

c) "Each of them has only one of the four items in the list of gifts which can be sent to other players."

Refer to response to b).

d) "The fact the item hasn't been received in the game yet means that none of them sent the item."

Aha. You have addressed my question! Phew, I can stop tearing my hair out now. Only one problem - your answer is at best ill-informed and at worst nonsense. Allow me to elaborate: I have a colleague (a friend actually, the same friend referred to in b)'s response), who sat with me - side by side - while he sent me an All-Inclusive Bracelet. I watched him do it, and I'm fairly sure I wasn't hallucinating at the time. He got the pop-up box stating "Gift Sent - Neighbors will appreciate your help and may help you in return." We waited a while, then waited some more. We got a coffee (decaf, one sugar for him) and talked about memories past. Much time passed and the All-Inclusive Bracelet he sent me still had not arrived at my airport. We tried again the following day and the same thing happened, much to my disappointment. He sent me a different gift (a Stapler) to check I could actually receive from him, and the Stapler came through almost instantly. The next day he tried sending the All-Inclusive Bracelet again and it never came. A number of other users have advised me they have also sent me All-Inclusive Bracelets, none of which I ever received. So my question remains: Can you please tell me why I am not receiving All-Inclusive Bracelets? And please don't try and blame it on the other users lying, or my friend accidentally sending me some other item.

e) "We are going to go ahead and mark your request as solved. If you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reply to this email and we will gladly further assist you."

I've warned you about this.

Kind regards,
Will

To look closer into your matter I would like to request more detailed information regarding the issue:

1) Device name, carrier, and model.
2) Your version of Android (e.g. 2.3.3) and whether it has been modified.
3) Your version of firmware, which can be found in Settings → About.
4) What type of Internet connection do you use (Wi-Fi, 3G)?
5) Do you use antivirus software on your device? If you do, please specify what antivirus you have.

By providing us with the information in question, you are helping us to improve the game. I appreciate your input and will resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Eugene Krylov
Your Support Team

Hello Eugene,

Thank you for your reply. My phone details are as follows:

1) Sony Xperia P, Model LT22i, carrier O2
2) Android Version 2.3.7, unmodified
3) Build number 6.0.B.1.564
4) Use both wi-fi and 3G
5) No antivirus software installed.

As for the problem with the gift, could you please provide me with the friend code that is an identifier of your friend's game.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Eugene Krylov
Your Support Team

Hi Eugene,

My friend's code is Bobby29. He is using an iPhone.

The game feature is that a player can only have one item of a kind from the list of things required for opening the hotel. Thus, in case the item was sent to you as a gift but you already had it in the game, it cannot be obtained.

Dear Eugene,

I don't understand a word you just said. I can see we are getting nowhere really, really quickly so I think I am just going to have to bid you a fond farewell and a somewhat less than sincere haste ye back. It's been emotional...

Right, I'm off to go and put my face in a blender. Oh, feel free to go ahead and mark my request as solved.

Cheerio.

We are going to go ahead and change the status of this ticket to solved. If you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to reply to this email and we will gladly further assist you.

Have a nice day,
Your Support Team
GASBS
GASBS

Back to top Go down

Post by 71RedClimaCool Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:19 pm

It's almost an automated responder, searching for key words and reply with a standard answer.....

This is beyond words, you cannot be human to reply like this......
71RedClimaCool
71RedClimaCool

Level : 50 (239 stars, 9 hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Passengers (Facebook), Fuel (Facebook), Fuel catalyst, Do Not Disturb Sign, Bench, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Foto Album, Landing Lamp, Radar, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Slide-Rule, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Communication Antenna, Additional Radar, Make-up, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding Machine, Fax, Wall Speaker, Walkie-talkie

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleOSeven Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:11 am

Its definitely got to be an automated responder.

Every request I have sent, and other that seem to have sent is always answered by Eugene.

Also I once posted a question about building drop rates and the answer I got was the standards, one for flight - keep on sending flights and they will drop eventually - not answering the question I had posted at all.

And they are very eager to close any tickets that have been raised.
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Level : 40 (96 stars), 8 hearts.

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u609

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down