Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airport City & Airport City Free 2 Fly

4 posters

Go down

Airport City & Airport City Free 2 Fly Empty Airport City & Airport City Free 2 Fly

Post by Steve BB Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:20 pm

First posting and hoping it is not too much of a silly question, but are there 2 versions of this game ?

What part does the "Free 2 Fly" play in this franchise from what I am led to believe is by the same company ?

Friends have also forwarded me links to a Spanish version, same name but my airport was not yet built.

I just want to make sure before I develop / pay real money any further and concentrate on just the one version.

Kind regards,

Steve

Steve BB

Level : 9
Items I Can Gift : happy to donate anything to help

http://stevebb.com

Back to top Go down

Airport City & Airport City Free 2 Fly Empty Re: Airport City & Airport City Free 2 Fly

Post by rockmsockm Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:36 pm

I think it may just be a re-branding of the same game. When I started playing last year, it was just "Airport City," and then a few months ago, I started seeing the "Free to Fly" subtitle show up when I loaded my game. Other than the name, I didn't notice a single change.

Are you saying you see 2 distinct versions available for download?

Last edited by rockmsockm on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Level : 45 (9 hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Passengers (5 - Facebook only), Fuel (3 - Facebook only), Do Not Disturb Sign, Goal Posts, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding machine, Arcade Machine, Intercom, Fingerprint Reader, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

Airport City & Airport City Free 2 Fly Empty Re: Airport City & Airport City Free 2 Fly

Post by Steve BB Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:47 pm

Many thanks for your reply - yes two exactly the same interfaces but different games. ie the airport I have on "free 2 fly" is populated but on the other version it is still populated. Also, I have spent cash to provide a head start and that is only visible on the free 2 fly version. Friends in game are also different between the two versions. I have sent a message to the developer but I'm afraid no reply as of yet. It is a shame as I can see addiction taking over here and I might be playing the wrong version lol

At first I thought this might be the "lite version" with certain features disabled - even though I am playing on a pc but it seems fully functional. If you search on Facebook you will see both versions.

Finally, I cannot see any way in this version of entering the promo codes that have been talked about on the forums. I have followed everyones advice (thank you) but the window does not appear.

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve BB

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:53 pm

Steve BB wrote:yes two exactly the same interfaces but different games.

Are you using android? There is only one version of Airport City on the Play store, as far as I can see.

Steve BB wrote:the airport I have on "free 2 fly" is populated but on the other version it is still populated.

Do you mean one is populated and one is UNpopulated?

Steve BB wrote:I cannot see any way in this version of entering the promo codes that have been talked about on the forums.

Are you saying that "free to Fly" doesn't allow you to enter promo codes (they are entered in the same place as friend codes)?

As I mentioned, the name of my game just "changed" one day without me doing anything--it pretty much showed up as an update. I am guessing that the "Free to Fly" version is the "real" version, but that is just a guess. Sorry I can't be of more help. Sad

rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Passengers (5 - Facebook only), Fuel (3 - Facebook only), Do Not Disturb Sign, Goal Posts, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding machine, Arcade Machine, Intercom, Fingerprint Reader, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve BB Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Many thanks for your reply rockmsockm and firstly I must congratulate you on a very addictive, well written and enjoyable game that has an easy learning curve yet going to be a tough nut to master  Wink

I am playing this via Facebook directly on a PC (none android) - I therefore do however see two different versions whereas on android or ios I am guessing only one version might be visible (guessing here).

I can send you both the Facebook URL's if it helps.

You are correct as one version is populated and the other totally un-populated and having to start at the beginning. Just wondering if the two versions are on different servers and allowing two separate profiles to be created under the same named account ... if that makes sense.

The only frustration I have is that I have friends that play both versions and I have picked "rightly or wrongly" the Free2Fly version. I did notice that this version has over 50,000 likes and the other version has approaching 730,000 likes. Gifting is therefore independent depending which version you play.

Regarding the codes, I apologise then that must be me that still has not yet found the correct area to enter them - though I have given gifts to friends and received them back. I will have another look but it was not immediately obvious I'm afraid.

Happy to go to pm/email/Skype or whichever is easier if it helps.

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve BB

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Steve BB wrote:Many thanks for your reply rockmsockm and firstly I must congratulate you on a very addictive, well written and enjoyable game that has an easy learning curve yet going to be a tough nut to master

Well, first of all, the game isn't mine, I didn't write it-- This is a community forum for game players, and I'm simply a member. Smile This isn't an "official" support forum.

Steve BB wrote:I am playing this via Facebook directly on a PC (none android)

Ok, well this might explain the issue. I'm fairly sure this forum is for mobile (Android/iOS) users only, not PC players.

I suggest contacting the game developers (Game Insight) directly if you are having issues. Again, I wish I could be of more help. Good luck!
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve BB Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:55 pm

lol ok I misread your previous post regarding the "name of your game changed" etc

Yup, I have contacted them as previously mentioned so will await there reply - didn't realise this forum was setup only for android/ios users, I apologise for that and will remove my account and profile and bother you no more.

Many thanks again for your help.

Steve

Steve BB

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Steve BB wrote:lol ok I misread your previous post regarding the "name of your game changed" etc

Yup, I have contacted them as previously mentioned so will await there reply - didn't realise this forum was setup only for android/ios users, I apologise for that and will remove my account and profile and bother you no more.

Many thanks again for your help.

Steve

You are not a bother whatsoever, and you have no reason to apologize!!! Everyone here on this forum is very helpful--and there are several people here much more familiar with the game than myself--including the forum moderator. Perhaps someone here is also a facebook player and may have read your post? You never know!

Again, good luck Smile
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by Nidoking Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:53 am

I play both versions on facebook. There are some differences between the games. I think they are both official, but it looks like they are putting (way) more effort in the "free to fly" version. The other version is older (reason why it has more likes) and a lot of players already hit level 40 (maximum). In the "free to fly" version Game Insight puts more effort. There was the "4th of july"-challenge in june (also ran on android) and now the "Great game"-challenge (aka Brazil) is running. The "normal" version didn't have challenges since more than a half year.
Because of this I would recommend the "free to fly" version.
If you want more info or if you want to become neighbours on fb, send me a PM with your name, etc.
Hope this helped!

Nidoking

Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve BB Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 am

Thanks Nidoking - I got a reply back from Game Insight Support team and it confirms exactly what you have suggested ...

Thank you for contacting Game Insight Support Team!
My name is #### and I am glad to help you. We have recently released the game that is called Free to Fly and I hope you'll like it.
Airport City and Free to Fly are two different games. This is up to you to decide whether you would like to keep playing Airport City or start playing a new game - Free to Fly. These are two entirely different games and I hope you will appreciate our new game.
Good luck and have a great day!
Sincerely,
#### ####
Your Support Team

Steve BB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nidoking Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:22 am

If you have any questions or need advice, don't hesitate to PM me, I believe I know quite a few things about the game.
Better don't post on this forum because it isn't intended for the fb versions, and I don't think a lot of the android/ios players play it on fb.

Nidoking

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve BB Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:28 am

ok I will refrain from posting further on this forum - though might be interesting if the Free 2 Fly version also makes it to Android/IOS in the near future.

I would like to catch you on Facebook - pm sent on here.

Thanks again,

Steve

Steve BB

Back to top Go down

Post by Nidoking Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:38 am

As rockmsockm said, there is only one version on android. Originally it was just called Airport City, but a few weeks ago they called it Airport City: free to fly.
I don't think they will make a second version for Android/ios. They have enough problems with one version ;D.

Nidoking

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:30 am

Nidoking wrote:They have enough problems with one version ;D.

lol! This is true.
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by gammayyc Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:36 pm

rockmsockm wrote:

Well, first of all, the game isn't mine, I didn't write it

WHAT????Rockmsockm didn't write the code, I'm gutted Laughing Laughing

gammayyc

Items I Can Gift : Additional Radar Air Conditioner Album Cash Counter Channel Bar Cockpit Glass Controller Defroster Deicer Do Not Disturb Drill Machine Eau de Toilette Flight Catering Fuel (3 Units) Fuel Additives Fuel Hose Fuel Supply Gyroscope Jet Engine Landing Gear Landing Lamp Laser Level Lining Plate Make Up Master Plan Navigation Module Optical System Oscillating Beacon Passengers (10) POS terminal Powerful Radio Transmitter Projector Robotic Lawnmower Single Malt Whisky Spare Propeller Spare Wire Welder White Board

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:37 pm

gammayyc wrote:
rockmsockm wrote:

Well, first of all, the game isn't mine, I didn't write it

WHAT????Rockmsockm didn't write the code, I'm gutted Laughing Laughing

I assure you that if I was responsible for the code, I think the game might be a fair bit more buggy. lol
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down