Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "special buildings" section in the profile

5 posters

Go down

A "special buildings" section in the profile Empty A "special buildings" section in the profile

Post by Kibitzer Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 pm

Suggestion. Our profiles have a special section for "Items Needed" and "Item I Can Gift". Could we add a section called "Special Buildings" or "Event Buildings" or something? In it I could put, for example: 3 x Research Lab, 2 x Aviation Museum, 2 x Cottages. And then I could change it for the next event. Might make it easier to figure out who has what?
Kibitzer
Kibitzer

Level : 51
Items I Can Gift : Marking Machine, Machine Oil, Parking Meter, Vivaldi Antenna, Holographic Display, Pneumatic Cutter, Passengers (5), Fuel Catalyst, Computer, Skin Care Products, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Sandbag, Bath Towel, Fuel (20 units), Video Wall, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Slide Rule, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Weather Display, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Solar Cell, Additional Radar, Perfume, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Defroster, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Controller, Blanket, Wireless Compass, Centrifuge, Attitude Indicator (updated 2016/01/26)

Back to top Go down

A "special buildings" section in the profile Empty Re: A "special buildings" section in the profile

Post by 71RedClimaCool Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Sounds like an idea bounce
71RedClimaCool
71RedClimaCool

Level : 50 (239 stars, 9 hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Passengers (Facebook), Fuel (Facebook), Fuel catalyst, Do Not Disturb Sign, Bench, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Foto Album, Landing Lamp, Radar, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Slide-Rule, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Communication Antenna, Additional Radar, Make-up, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding Machine, Fax, Wall Speaker, Walkie-talkie

Back to top Go down

A "special buildings" section in the profile Empty Re: A "special buildings" section in the profile

Post by Canterbury Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:41 am

I second the motion
Canterbury
Canterbury

Level : 50, 232
Items I Can Gift : NZL:, Fuel Catalyst, dnd, Bench, ATM, Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), P R Trans, Assembly Robot, Guestbook, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Binocluars, Fuel Additves, Drill Machine, Optical System, Add Radar, w/G Bracelet, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Osc Beacon,Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Nav Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Turnstile, Fingerprint Reader, 3d printer, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket, Altitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:59 am

@Kibitzer - thanks for the suggestion - I shall look into this possibility...

One issue I could see is that that the section would become so long it looks silly - how about using your signature insted?
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleOSeven Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:06 am

Signature would work, but lot of people don't post messages regularly so we still wouldn't know if they had any of these buildings. I have tried keeping a spreadsheet that I update for my own use, but that can become quite an admin task at times. But saying that I always make it a point to visit TDV19 because you have 5 each of all the buildings (or most of them anyway).
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Level : 40 (96 stars), 8 hearts.

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u609

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:14 am

Very Happy - what can I say - run out of land to buy - wish GIS would give us more land to buy or atleast move some buildings to air side...
tamildv
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterbury Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:25 am

I think the list - database that Jeckel had running is still the best way.

At the end of the day, your looking for a user that has a special item; so its easier to list that item and the users that have it, than search each user and hope they have the special item wanted.
The current form that Jeckel has works well if only slightly messy - maybe if he(or creator in future) could have power to delete posts under the thread once he has cut/paste users contributions into the first post. (or just continue to PM him)
Canterbury
Canterbury

Level : 50, 232
Items I Can Gift : NZL:, Fuel Catalyst, dnd, Bench, ATM, Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), P R Trans, Assembly Robot, Guestbook, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Binocluars, Fuel Additves, Drill Machine, Optical System, Add Radar, w/G Bracelet, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Osc Beacon,Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Nav Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Turnstile, Fingerprint Reader, 3d printer, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket, Altitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:47 pm

I agree with Canterbury - normmaly we are looking for these special builds during a promo after which we tend to drop off...

We could approch the current list in two ways...
The owner of the list manages it and is in control of adding and removing people from the list... (more work for the thread starter) - this way the 1st every post should be upto date (but limited to when the thread owner updated it)

One person starts the list - it is then the responsibility of others to add their (and only their info to the list) by copying it and adding/deleting their info to it - this way the last every post is the most upto date and anything before can be ignored.

I could look into the option of making a few moderators who can delete posts in a special buildings section...
tamildv
tamildv

Back to top Go down

Post by Kibitzer Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:41 am

The thread idea is good, it's just I see the number and type of buildings changing over time.

For instance, I still have seven farmer's markets after the Easter promo (and still NOT ONE complete Organic Menu from them!!!) but I'll likely reduce that to maybe three in a while. Likewise I have three Research Labs but will likely reduce that to one when Phantom Menace ends.

I guess folks could update their thread post so yeah, that'd still work.

@Canterbury, what's this form that Jeckel has/had?
Kibitzer
Kibitzer

Level : 51
Items I Can Gift : Marking Machine, Machine Oil, Parking Meter, Vivaldi Antenna, Holographic Display, Pneumatic Cutter, Passengers (5), Fuel Catalyst, Computer, Skin Care Products, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Sandbag, Bath Towel, Fuel (20 units), Video Wall, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Slide Rule, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Weather Display, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Solar Cell, Additional Radar, Perfume, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Defroster, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Controller, Blanket, Wireless Compass, Centrifuge, Attitude Indicator (updated 2016/01/26)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down