Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game saving data

2 posters

Go down

Game saving data Empty Game saving data

Post by Brintal Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:04 am

This is probably a really noobish question, but for some reason my game isn't saving my play. I come back to planes sitting in hangars that I previously launched, flights I paid fuel to land early still in flight (and consequently collections lost due to suddently not havng items that came from those flights), etc. Sometimes I turn the screen off to conserve power, sometimes I go to my home page, sometimes the game just closes (crashes) on me... It's getting frustrating. Apart from backing up the game all the time, is there a way to close the game properly or ensure it's updated and saved before moving on to something else? I play andriod razr m.

Heh, now I'm getting a window in my launch screen that says time travelers and cheaters can't reach for the stars. I don't even know how to do that! Sad
Brintal
Brintal

Level : Level 45, 168 Stars, 8 Hearts
Items I Can Gift : Vivaldi Antenna, Voip Phone, Wireless Compass, Centrifuge, Blanket, Fuel Catalyst, Office Chair, Parking Meter, Walkie Talkie, Do Not Disturb Sign, Bench, ATM, Pearl Earrings, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Spaceship Engine, Slide Rule, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Communication Antenna, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding Machine

Back to top Go down

Game saving data Empty Re: Game saving data

Post by jon- Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:26 am

It's really frustrating isn't it! On my phone (Samsung S3 android), hibernating the phone whilst the game is running forces a save (at least when you re-power the phone), whilst quitting the game will wipe out the last few minutes (longer sometimes). In ordinary times, visiting a neighbour also guarantees that all progress is saved, but now that is impossible.

You can harness this lack of saving to "recycle" events - e.g. if a plane didn't drop an item, or you open a chest which doesn't contain what you want, just quit quickly, wait a few seconds then re-start, and it's likely you'll be able to repeat that action.

Discovered another recycling first today - in a rocket launch, after using an item and seeing its total added to the launch, quickly hibernating meant that it was not deducted from my warehouse yet the points remained in the launch. Was able to use just one PEB to get 1080 points, but also worked for all other items too.

jon-

Level : 50
Items I Can Gift : Usually return what is sent to first 20 each day. Can send: Mayor's portrait, wall speaker, headset, fuel catalyst, Geiger counter, Haze machine, Optical system, laser level, bench, channel bar, glass display case, chocolate candles, cognac, white gold bracelet, bath towel, computer, cockpit glass, welder, great shots, landing lamp, projector, radio transmitter, fuel supply, jet engine, whiteboard, fuel additives, drill machine, additional radar, smoke detector, spare wire, server rack, landing gear, flight catering, oscillating beacon, defroster, navigation module, master plan, fuel hose, gyroscope, spare propellor, deicer, controller, fuel & passengers

Back to top Go down