Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Tips!

+6
Snich
SR71
AirArolon
kos
Jeip40
Dusss
10 posters

Go down

Game Tips! Empty Game Tips!

Post by kos Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:47 am

Hi guys, thought it would be good to have a place where we can post any tips we might have for doing things in the game that might help others, so post away! Smile

kos

Back to top Go down

Game Tips! Empty Re: Game Tips!

Post by Dusss Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:11 am

Hi all,

My tip, buy some land... I know, it is expensive. But when you build a lot of commercial buildings it pays off.
In my opinion there is a lot more money to make by collecting from buildings and allow planes to land.

My commercial buildings for example:

6x car dealership
2x flowershop
2x gazebo
2x romantic cafe
3x grocery store
1x sports shop
1x cinema

The gazebo and the romantic cafe also help completing the Dolce Vita collection. Which i did for 178 times already. Do the math... 178 times 300 cash and 140 experience... Very Happy

Game Tips! 20120424012639

The same with buildings to collect pasengers.

My buildings:

1x multi-story building
1x mansion
1x manor
2x cottage
3x side wing
6x house with a pool
1x flight school
1x flight catering facility

I choose the buildings not only for the amount of pasengers, but for the Running Wild collection as well. You get 300 coins and 140 experience. Which i did 211 times already.

Game Tips! 20120424012549

So once again, my tip is to invest in expanding your land.

Some other images of my Airport City:

Game Tips! 20120425223223

Game Tips! 20120425222020

Game Tips! 20120425221536

Last edited by Dusss on Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : More recent pictures)
Dusss
Dusss

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeip40 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:14 am

Also, I think the car dealership is one of your best options to make some $$.

Last edited by Jeip40 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell)

Jeip40

Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:46 pm

True... Why do you think i bought six of them? Very Happy Very Happy It's pretty cheap and in percentage it pays off the most. Still you have to worry about available land and items to complete collections. Completing collections doesn't only deliver money, it gives you a boost in experience as well. Which helps you get to a higher level, which will be awarded with more money and even airport cash.. So that's why i'm a big fan of buying land Laughing

But it depends on your personal situation as well. When you only have time to check your game every 8 hours for example, it would be wiser to buy some commercial building wich pays off every 8 hours. Collecting money from a car dealership every 8 hours isn't that profitable. For sure i'm going to sell my dealerships when i'm not able to collect from them anymore.
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by kos Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:49 am

You city looks awesome Dusss! I have a couple of ideas for things you could move around to get a few more squares of space to put new buildings if you're interested? Smile
kos
kos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 am

kos wrote:You city looks awesome Duss! I have a couple of ideas for things you could move around to get a few more squares of space to put new buildings if you're interested? Smile

I know it's possible but i have some specific demands as well Very Happy
Did you read my post about placing buildings in a row? Because some buildings should be right next to eachother to get a bit more collections Smile
But hey... Let me know the ideas you have... I'm always open for different views and opinions Smile
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by kos Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:47 am

Now that you've updated your airport and expanded, my ideas aren't as important anymore!

Thanks so much for the tips though, I've got 25,000 coins and am waiting for 30,000 then I plan to buy two expansions in one go, one with coins and the other with Airport Cash. See how it goes Smile
kos
kos
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AirArolon Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:14 am

Very nice Dusss. Thanks for sharing these screenshots of your city.

Does the Car Dealership give items for Collection Bonuses?

I removed my Car Dealership and replaced it with Farmer's Market. I have 4 of them now.

AirArolon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:09 am

AirArolon wrote:Very nice Dusss. Thanks for sharing these screenshots of your city.

Does the Car Dealership give items for Collection Bonuses?

I removed my Car Dealership and replaced it with Farmer's Market. I have 4 of them now.

The Car Dealership doesn't give any extra items, i just bought them for the 36 coins per 20 min each Smile Back then i didn't buy the Farmer's Market so i don't know what it gives you. But as we speak 3 Festival Campings are under construction and i sold 2 Car Dealerships.
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:09 am

What are the requirements to build Farmer's Markets/Festival Campings and also what are their earning stats? I haven't really taken much interest in the special themed missions in the past so I'm guessing I've missed out.

I'm guessing the Festival Camping is available only with the latest version of the game?
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by AirArolon Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Farmer's Market is no more. It was given as bonuses for Irish Shamrock theme quests. They were free. I collected 5 of them. They do drop bonuses. 300 coins. 140 xp.

Dusss, appreciate your comments on the car dealership.

AirArolon

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Sun May 06, 2012 8:23 pm

Is there any point in replacing my Car Dealerships with Festival Campings given that they are identical in terms of yield?

Apart from Biker Jackets, do Festival Campings give items for Collection Bonuses?
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Sun May 06, 2012 9:31 pm

There's no point to change your car dealerships for campings. After the promo it doesn't give extra items.
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Sun May 06, 2012 9:42 pm

Thought so. Thanks for the reply Dusss Smile
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by Snich Mon May 07, 2012 12:51 am

How about the sports shop? It supposed to give a sports bag for the "Ready for the journey" collection but nothing so far and i have it for month now ... Crying or Very sad

Does it works for you?

Snich

Items I Can Gift : Passengers (5), Fuel (3Units), Disposable shampoo, Bench, Computer, Pearl Earings, Cocpit glass, Welder, Tour review, Landing lamp, Copy machine, Handling line, Passangers (10), Powerful radio transmitter, Assembly robot, Guestbook, Eau de toilette, Fuel supply, Jet engine, Whiteboard, Fuel additives, Insulation, Solar cell, Additional radar, Makeup, Plasma Clot, Smoke detector, Spare wire, Server rack, Landing gear, Flight catering, Oscilating beacon, Defroster, Navigation module, Master plan, Fuel hose, Gyroscope, Spare propeller, Deicer, Controller - UPDATED 14.6.2013, Daily player, Returning gifts

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Mon May 07, 2012 1:09 am

@Snich - The one and only time my sports shop produced a sports bag was for the mission for Tech guy Alex where he asks for a sports bag. Apart from that, it has never given another bag. I eventually sold it to free up land for more useful buildings.
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 am

The Sports Shop does pay out a bag once in a while but it's not very often.
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Mon May 07, 2012 6:03 am

Sports Store sucks. I think at the end of the day, the Bridal shopis gives the most bang for the buck. It only takes one space, and yield is 1728/day paying 24 per 20 min. I have six of them.

The campground is actually a great payout property. I didn't realize I could build more than one, and now I have 6! It pays the same as the Car Dealership.

One of the worst rip offs is the Flight Catering Facility. We have to have it, but it's a dog. After paying 80k for it, then another 24 bills or weeks of items, you are rewarded with 2 meals a day!?! How can you fly multiple flights with that? Once again we have to pony up and pay for things.

Perhaps that will change with the update and visiting people.
777Driver
777Driver

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Mon May 07, 2012 10:47 pm

777Driver wrote:you are rewarded with 2 meals a day!?! How can you fly multiple flights with that? Once again we have to pony up and pay for things.

Perhaps put it in your Needed Items list on your profile. I've received at least 10 as gifts from other users over the past day.
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacius Tue May 08, 2012 2:39 am

Ok, so I can do Dubai runs WITHOUT the Flight School. All flights before this need the building; so one might drop it to save a 2x2 when you have all the stars up to Dubai.

Same for the Flight Catering Facility?
It looks like you don't need it anymore for Hawaiian Islands and below.

Its not much, but for the guys who did not spent a single dolar for this game, a 2x2 its another Car Dearlership ^^

Glacius

Level : 33

Back to top Go down

Game Tips! Empty game tips

Post by diabloscort Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 am

what's up airport city!!!! what's up dusss, nice city!!! this is my third post, I started playing December of 2011, spent 30 dollars on airport cash and locked myself from flying at level 16... kick myself in the but... started again, and this time I am doing this the free way... the game is better free but u have to spend the time... I am now at level 40, 410,000 exp., level 4 town hall, level 4 control tower, level 4 repair base, level 5 terminal, 2 delta planes, 2 jets and 2 turboprops... I am launch ready with my cosmic fuel station almost done (need 1 more robot tester: been flying to Dubai)... as far as commerce, 6 flower shops, 6 pharmacy's,1 travel agency, 1 exhibition center, 1 Halloween shop and 1 pet shop.... for passengers: 2 multi- story buildings, 5 mansions, 3 houses w/pools and 6 side wings.... So far with what I have played to so far, when starting, save every bit of airport cash for leveling up til u get to level 25... during this time, fly, fly, fly.... oh, then after that, fly some more... u will master all Ur destinations easily until Ur ready to start flying deltas.... I am at level 40 and I am about almost a third of the way through all the flights for delta planes... I will start with the powerful deta planes here soon, I want to get at least half way through delta planes before I go to powerful delta planes... getting the level 4 repair base is one of the most important buildings in the game, get that asap... also the level 5 terminal is just as important too because until u get that, u have to use 6 cottages along with the other passenger buildings I have, I just sold the cottages and put some commerce buildings in aftrer upgrading my terminal.... When starting this game, taking guest planes, be very limited on the planes that take fuel, always take the planes for passengers.... reason, getting that darn kick scooter for the Lost and Found collection is hard to get... when u get between the levels 8 to 11, is when u can be more free to accept more guest planes that require fuel... most of your repair parts will come from guest planes, the others will come from Ur neighbors.... if your going to do the space program, save up Ur collections for launch prep!!!! the more u fly to Cape Canaveral and Baiknour and visiting Ur neighbors that have the space program too, u will rack up the parts for launch.... Remember, be patient and fly those planes and one more thing, always keep one of each plane around, even when Ur at level 40 like I am.... here is my advice to you all, once I figure out how to post a pic of my city, I will.... and always expand Ur city with airport cash..... cheers

diabloscort

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:11 am

@diabloscort - please reconsider your posting formate - it makes it veru unreadable they way your posting is formated...
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down