Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phone replacement/loss of game progress and a million coin!!!

2 posters

Go down

Phone replacement/loss of game progress and a million coin!!! Empty Phone replacement/loss of game progress and a million coin!!!

Post by 777Driver Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:50 pm

It's happened again folks...I have to replace my friggin HTC (un)Incredible II. I had to do this like 5 months back, and had to start over with my game. Insight was helpful with crediting my new game with Cash/coin I purchased, but nothing that I had earned.

So right now I'm sitting on a million in earned coin, not to mention 6 of everything and it's all going bye bye. In one sense,the game has slowed consderably, and starting over may be fun. BUT, I'd rather keep what I've earned. Develpers told me that a backup system is in the works, but not available right now. Anyone have any suggestions besides rooting my phone? I can't void the warranty as I'm counting on the warranty to replace my phone for free.

I have a great backup program (MyBackUp Pro by Rerware) that will reset every personalized setting, text, email, contact, calendar entry, preference, etc. BUT will not backup Airport progress.

Ideas?
777Driver
777Driver

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Phone replacement/loss of game progress and a million coin!!! Empty Re: Phone replacement/loss of game progress and a million coin!!!

Post by tamildv Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi 77Driver,

I feel for you – same thing happened to me last time and hence I changed the way I play. BTW rooting does not void your warranty, HTC themselves give you the tools to root your phone. All they say is if you brick your phone or your phone develops a fault directly related to rooting then you will not be covered.

Which version of the game are you running? Anyway you will need access to the folder “data\data\com.gameinsight.airport\shared_prefs” to be able to save your game progress. Only way I currently know is via root access. I think Titanium pro (the paid version) might give you access without root. You might need to look into that.

If you end up having to re-start from fresh… I would suggest that you start with one of the older apk’s V1.36 (just PM me if you need a copy) is a good start and then use the double item drop trick to get back to speed. We will of course help you in very way we can.

Good luck

TDV

EDIT - Should have said - remember to change your in-game name to something like "G2B-Game adandoned" so we all know not to use that id etc...
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down