Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Placing buildings right beside each other

+2
barryvb
Dusss
6 posters

Go down

Placing buildings right beside each other Empty Placing buildings right beside each other

Post by Dusss Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:27 pm

To complete some collections some buildings will deliver items every once in a while. When you place those kind of buildings directly beside each other and when it's time to collect whatever there is to collect, a funny thing happens when you collect the profits in one fluid move. When the game decides it's time to deliver an extra item, it always gives you that item twice. Or even three times when you have that same building placed three in a row. But keep in mind, you always have to collect from those buildings at the same time or within a very short period of time.

For example my Running Wild collection. You can see below that i'm always waiting for wristbands. By placing the houses with pools right beside each other, and collecting from it at the same time, i got 3 wristbands at the same time. You can see that at the lower screenshot. Very Happy In my case it works great and it does work for all kind of buildings.

Placing buildings right beside each other 20120424012549

Placing buildings right beside each other 20120424130623

I will try to capture a screenshot right after collecting to make it more clear, but that's going to be a challenge Wink
Dusss
Dusss

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Placing buildings right beside each other Empty Re: Placing buildings right beside each other

Post by Dusss Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:22 am

Just now i was able to capture a screenshot of collecting passengers from 2 houses with a pool. And again two sets of extra wristbands, as you can see in the middle.

Placing buildings right beside each other 20120424145235

And another one:

Placing buildings right beside each other 20120424160645

And another one:

Placing buildings right beside each other 20120424221327

Last edited by Dusss on Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Placing buildings right beside each other Empty Re: Placing buildings right beside each other

Post by barryvb Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:08 am

nice tip...thanks for that.
I never thought on this but is it tru that you always get wristbands from houses with a pool or is this just random?
I always miss the sneaker :-(

barryvb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 am

It's completely random. But in my opinion the houses with a pool give the most collectable items in a short period of time.

Needing a particular item can change pretty quickly.
At first i always needed a phone for the Lost and found collection while i had lots of kick scooters. Now i have 21 phones and i'm always waiting for a kick scooter.
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by AirArolon Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:41 pm

Dusss wrote:It's completely random. But in my opinion the houses with a pool give the most collectable items in a short period of time.

Needing a particular item can change pretty quickly.
At first i always needed a phone for the Lost and found collection while i had lots of kick scooters. Now i have 21 phones and i'm always waiting for a kick scooter.

Yes, I've noticed that change as well. They must have tinkered with the drop algorithm for the kick scooters.

AirArolon

Back to top Go down

Post by MortenH Wed May 02, 2012 3:09 am

I do not agree on the fact that you have to place buildings right beside each other to get multiple items of a kind.
I works just as well with buildings not placed beside each other - it is only the time factor that mathers. I also make sens in a programming view, because the random factor i based on time(and building type here I think).
So the reason it seams like a demand that the buildings is right beside each other is that it is faster to collect items from building close to each other.

A trick I use is to click at a building and see if it throws an item. If it does, hurry to click on a few more of the same type. If not, wait some seconds and try the next one.

MortenH

Back to top Go down

Post by vdk99 Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:57 am

this is pure magical thinking people. It's having a big win once in a while vs. having the number of oportuneties spread. Wheater or not an item is dropped occures random, by clicking on multiple buildings at once you're putting all your eggs in one basket. If you click on the buildings one by one you have a chance to get the item each time you click it. Statistically I don't think it makes much difference.

vdk99

Level : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by destruya Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:27 pm

This seems to work rather reliably with planes, too.

Just let them sit on the runway until they're all full and try to click them all in quick succession.
destruya
destruya

Level : 24 (31 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Gifts I can send: Pearl Earrings, Cognac, Makeup, Fuel x3, Bath Towel, Air Conditioner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Passengers x10, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Guestbook, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Wide-angle Binoculars, Fuel Additives, Drill Machine, Additional Radar, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Packaging Machine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down