Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today's Update

+5
SR71
Benzo123
mjm1802
babbel
777Driver
9 posters

Go down

Today's Update Empty Today's Update

Post by 777Driver Sat May 19, 2012 3:52 pm

Any word on the update sent out today? I opted against, but was wondering if anyone went ahead with it, and if there were any changes in the gift items or anything else.

Last edited by Dusss on Sun May 20, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The size was a little bit too much ;))
777Driver
777Driver

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Today's Update Empty Re: Today's Update

Post by babbel Sat May 19, 2012 4:27 pm

I updated. Worked well so far. You have to build cinemania now (built hotel, collect 50 films, collect Bow Ties) Also you have to visit Madlen Airborn as a task. When I tried, I got into a empty 'field' and couldn't get back anymore. So had to shut down game.

babbel

Level : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by babbel Sat May 19, 2012 4:30 pm

yep, visiting neighbours is crooked in the new update. When I wanted to visit another neighbour, I got again into the same empty field and had to shut down the game.

babbel

Back to top Go down

Post by babbel Sat May 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Gifts items have changed. No more 'music' items, hotel and cinema items added.

babbel

Back to top Go down

Post by mjm1802 Sat May 19, 2012 5:16 pm

mjm1802

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 pm

I get the field too but does anyone know how to get around the problem?
Benzo123
Benzo123

Level : 32

http://www.benzoairportcity.weebly.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Sat May 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Sorry, didn't see that post. So, I'm thinking I 'll wait to do the upgrade.
777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 Sat May 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Also Venice and maldive islands have dissapeared off the flights list so completing the plush pleasure collection is impossible.
Benzo123
Benzo123

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Sun May 20, 2012 5:47 pm

Seems like they rushed this update through. I can't visit other users anymore because of the empty field bug (as noted by others above), plus I'm still getting item drops for the Running Wild collection, even though that entire collection has been removed.

So now I constantly have an exclamation mark on my Treasure Chest icon because I've 'completed' a Running Wild collection but I can't actually collect it. Mad
SR71
SR71

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 Sun May 20, 2012 5:51 pm

SR71 wrote:Seems like they rushed this update through. I can't visit other users anymore because of the empty field bug (as noted by others above), plus I'm still getting item drops for the Running Wild collection, even though that entire collection has been removed.

So now I constantly have an exclamation mark on my Treasure Chest icon because I've 'completed' a Running Wild collection but I can't actually collect it. Mad

Same here SR71. I've got an exclamation mark on my collections chest too. But, before I joined this forum, on a previous update, the running wil collection dissapeared and I was faced with the same problem but some time later, it came back again and I was able to collect like 4 running wild collections. So let's hope it comes back!
Benzo123
Benzo123

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Sun May 20, 2012 8:55 pm

I still haven't updated yet, and found that when I try to visit some of my neighbors (not all) I get a screenshot of their city with little green locks on everything , and I have to restart. Not just close, but go to my App killer and shut it down. Pain in my ass.
777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Sun May 20, 2012 9:34 pm

For those who don't use an app killer:

Go to all apps, tap remove app, select Airport City and tap "force stop".

After that you can start your game again.

For sure this update doesn't deserve a beauty award. It has some interesting changes though. For example completing collections. A lot of items you need to complete a collection can be found by visiting your neighbor. The sports bag which should drop from the sportshop, but almost never does, can now drop from a Multi-Story Building or a Tower Building of a neighbor. There are a lot of items you need to complete collections to be found that way. If you check your collections you will see. So that's a nice feature, however it should be possible to visit a neigbor Smile.

I think Game Insight received a lot of complains by now so my guess is that they will release a new update very quickly.
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Sun May 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Dusss,

As far as I'm concerned, you're our Tech Support on this game. What do yo think: Should I install the upgrade, or wait it out. Can I even do that? I guess I can't use the "fix" update without the bad one.

My gut tells me to just sit tight and not update yet.

Thoughts?

ALso: I can't send out the new items everyone is asking for, and 'll miss out on the latest builds. So maybe I should go for it?

Last edited by 777Driver on Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more questions)
777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Sun May 20, 2012 10:07 pm

I would probably update if i were you. Yes they made a couple of major mistakes. However i think they will release an update soon to fix those mistakes. It seems to me that they made some real small but sloppy mistakes which i think are real easy to fix. In the mean while just don't visit any neigbors.
The reason why i would update is that i know by now which item you receive by completing the promo. I won't spoil the surprise here but it's a building you should pay a lot of airport cash for to get a similar result.
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 Sun May 20, 2012 10:17 pm

777Driver. If I were you, unless you want to do the cinemania event I wouldn't upgrade. I would visit neighbours while you can until game insight release another update. Then you could update straight to it. We'll tell you when the release it. But it's up to you.
Benzo123
Benzo123

Back to top Go down

Post by jedverdejo Mon May 21, 2012 2:58 am

hi everybody,

After the automatic upgrade, Iam not able to visit my neighbours, as all of you may know. But, being the owner of another android device, i checked a fresh install in the other device, just to find that it works properly ... i can visit neighbours in this new install.

Anyway, there is no reference to the cinema event (just played up to level 3), and the list of gifts is sligthly different. the dolce vita colection is still included

to me,there are two possible explanations: the version being distributed have been changed back to the previous one or the problem is related to upgrading.

will try to gather more information and report back asap. i am even planning doing a backup with asus appbackup, uninstall and install from scratch, restoring the data after that.

hope this helps!

jesus diaz
gift code 6mtget

sorry f or the typos. my device keeps trying to enforce me writing in spanish ;-)
jedverdejo
jedverdejo

Level : 50 / 50 / 50
Items I Can Gift : jedv - DND sign, goal?, automatic cashier, pearl collar, cockpit glass, welder, album, photocopier machine, steel, passengers (10), astro engine, pos terminal, cognac, binoculars, drill , solar cell, bracelet, cash counter, linning panel, cooling chamber, Archive Box, Gyroscope, Grinder, laptop?, metal arc?, monitor?, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars ?, Centrif.?, turnstile, 3d printer, infrarred cam // jedv2: DND sign, bench?, cashier, bonbon , cockpit, Welder, album, radar, steel, Pass. (10), tester robot, googles, cognac, jet motor, stapler, Power source, comm. ant., bracelet, amperimeter, laser cutter, landing, cooling chamber, Archive , Gyroscope, Grinder, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars? , Centrif.?, patrol drone, low cons. lamp, mov. sensor // jedv3: all-incl. bracelet, Robotic Lawnmower?, automatic cashier, whiskey, painting, generator, travel guide, projector, sand bag, passengers (10), laser level, guests book, cognac, tyre, whiteboard, drill, comm. antenna, bracelet, ergo chair, stamp, passenger seat, wheather panel, transmitter, altimeter, tv panel, major, patrol drone, hand drier, mov. sensor,

Back to top Go down

Post by jedverdejo Mon May 21, 2012 3:44 am

UPDATE: The version in both devices was 1.38. Made a backup on the old one and restored the data on the new one. Data was restored properly. The first attempt to visit a neighbour generated an error: not possble to visit as its version is older. The seond attempt ended in the well known empty field.

so, no way .....

best regards
jedverdejo
jedverdejo

Level : 50 / 50 / 50
Items I Can Gift : jedv - DND sign, goal?, automatic cashier, pearl collar, cockpit glass, welder, album, photocopier machine, steel, passengers (10), astro engine, pos terminal, cognac, binoculars, drill , solar cell, bracelet, cash counter, linning panel, cooling chamber, Archive Box, Gyroscope, Grinder, laptop?, metal arc?, monitor?, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars ?, Centrif.?, turnstile, 3d printer, infrarred cam // jedv2: DND sign, bench?, cashier, bonbon , cockpit, Welder, album, radar, steel, Pass. (10), tester robot, googles, cognac, jet motor, stapler, Power source, comm. ant., bracelet, amperimeter, laser cutter, landing, cooling chamber, Archive , Gyroscope, Grinder, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars? , Centrif.?, patrol drone, low cons. lamp, mov. sensor // jedv3: all-incl. bracelet, Robotic Lawnmower?, automatic cashier, whiskey, painting, generator, travel guide, projector, sand bag, passengers (10), laser level, guests book, cognac, tyre, whiteboard, drill, comm. antenna, bracelet, ergo chair, stamp, passenger seat, wheather panel, transmitter, altimeter, tv panel, major, patrol drone, hand drier, mov. sensor,

Back to top Go down

Post by tmclaj Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 am

Unfortunately did the update. Do you know if anyone is able to send Bracelets?

tmclaj

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Tue May 22, 2012 11:19 am

tmclaj wrote:Unfortunately did the update. Do you know if anyone is able to send Bracelets?
I think you'll have to earn the bracelets yourself. I have not come across anyone who can gift them. I guess they're like the Power Amplifiers from the previous campaign.
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 Mon May 28, 2012 4:40 pm

Good news everyone. I've found out how to visit neighbours again! When the update came Malden Airborn put in a new task for you to take a screenshot of your Airport City and publish it on Facebook. Do this. Press the neighbours button then the camera. It will ask you to publish or save. Saving doesn't work. Publish it. Go back to Airport City. You might have to restart the game. Malden Airborn will give you some experience and 1 airport cash for completing the task and when you visit neighbours there is no longer a green field! You might have to click on the task once you have completed it and click OK. Then it will reward you. So there you go. May be it wasn't an error after all.
Benzo123
Benzo123

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Mon May 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi Benzo123,

I did notice that the green field issue had disappeared (was not sure what had fixed it), now I know - but when I visit some neighbours, I still get all buildings locked (like a padlock on top) and then I am stuck no way to get back, only option left is to force close it. Unless this issue has more to do with some people not upgrading their game?
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by Benzo123 Mon May 28, 2012 5:20 pm

It could do tamildv but normally if someone hasn't updated it won't let you visit them.
Benzo123
Benzo123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down