Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginners Guide for Launching

+6
R3d_F1v3
Paranoimia
viraj
Caitlyn65767
EasyJ
DoubleOSeven
10 posters

Go down

guide - Beginners Guide for Launching Empty Beginners Guide for Launching

Post by DoubleOSeven Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Many people have been asking / posting question on how the whole launch thing works so here goes a guide to help.

Basically for a space launch you will first need a mission control centre (3x3) and a launchpad (3x3). Also it helps to have a cosmic fuel station (2x2).

Once the Mission Control Centre and launchpad are in place you need to complete the Running Wild, Astronaut Outfit, Experiments in Space and Zero Gravity Lunch collections. These will give you the 4 items that are needed for launch preparation.

Once past this stage you are now ready to start a launch or join a neighbour's launch. Click on the launchpad and Complete the launch preparation. It will then show you if any of your neighbours have launches in progress and the time remaining. You can either select a neighbour and click on join or start a new launch. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the launch to start. Please don't click the button again as you will end up starting multiple launches and neighbours may end up joining the wrong one. Once the launch starts you have 24 hours (or the time shown on the counter if joining a neighbour's launch) to make up 1600 points for it to be successful (points are made up totally by all members in the launch). The below list of items are things you can add to the launch to generate points. Some you will have in your warehouse as they will be obtained from the launch ready chest that you will get when you complete the Astronaut Outfit, Experiments in Space and Zero Gravity Lunch collections. Otherwise you can buy them for coins/greens. Only item that can't be bought is the solid fuel which is generated by the cosmic fuel station (hence handy to have that - gives 1 solid fuel every 24 hours).

These are the items that can be added to the launch, the points they contribute, how much they cost, and how often they can be added:

Liquid Fuel - 2 points - 100 coins (10 mins)
Small Fuel Tank - 6 points - 300 coins (30 mins)
Additional Stabilizer - 12 points - 600 coins (2 hours)
Explosive Bolt - 24 points - 1200 coins (4 hours)
Solid Fuel - 12 points (2 hours)
Large Fuel Tank - 40 points - 1 green (2 mins)
Main Stabilizer - 120 points - 3 greens (1 min)
Powerful Explosive Bolt - 360 points - 9 greens (30 sec) - can be bought for 6 greens from Duke Crocker when his airship docks.

Once the 1600 points are reached, the launch takes off after which the lander returns in 24 hours. Then you will get some exp points, coins and a chest which will contain some launch items and collection items. The points, experience and chest will depend on how many points are contributed towards the launch.

• The highest contributor gets 6000 coins, 600 exp points and gold chest.
  • 2nd and 3rd position get 3000 coins, 300 exp points and silver chest.(contains: 2 x Fuel (50 units), 2 x Large Fuel Tanks, 2 x items from the Zero Gravity Launch Collection - occasionally 1 item may be replaced by one from Space Odyssey Collection)
  • All other positions get 1000 coins, 150 exp points and bronze chest.

Prometheus Launch
The Prometheus launch is similar to the above with the following slight differences:
  • Mission Control Center needs to be upgraded to L2 and Launch pad 2 (also 3x3) needs to be built
  • Launch preparation requires Space Suit (Astronaut Outfit collection), Lab Notebook (Experiments in Space collection), Lunar Module (Dark Side of the Moon collection) and Orbital Telescope (Big Brother Collection).
  • 2000 points are required for launch
  • Rewards:
    • Highest Contributor gets 10000 coins, 1000 exp points and gold chest (contains: Fuel (150 units), 1 x Main Stabilizer, 3 x items from the History of Space Travel Collection)
    • 2nd and 3rd positions get 5000 coins, 500 exp points and silver chest (contains: 2 x Fuel (50 units), 2 x Large Fuel Tanks, 2 x items from the History of Space Travel, 1 x item from Dark Side of the Moon Collection)
    • All other positions get 2000 coins, 300 exp points and bronze chest (contains: Fuel (50 units), Large Fuel Tank, 3 x items from Dark Side of the Moon/Big Brother Collection - occasionally 1 item may be replaced by one from History of Space Travel Collection)

Last edited by DoubleOSeven on Thu May 16, 2013 11:02 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Prometheus Launch details, chest contents)
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Level : 40 (96 stars), 8 hearts.

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u609

Back to top Go down

guide - Beginners Guide for Launching Empty Re: Beginners Guide for Launching

Post by EasyJ Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:22 am

Nice guide, but what if the launch fails? Do you get your stuff back or is it just lost?

EasyJ

Level : 40
Items I Can Gift : Passengers (5), Fuel (3 units), Fuel catalyst, Bath Towel, Robotic Lawnmower, Air Conditioner, Pearl Earrings, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Radar, Handling Line, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Flight Helmet, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Communication Antenna, Additional Radar, Makeup, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Office Chair, Parking Meter, Airline Route Map

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleOSeven Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:40 am

Unfortunately that is lost.
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Back to top Go down

guide - Beginners Guide for Launching Empty Launch question...

Post by Caitlyn65767 Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:20 am

If you are already someone's neighbor, how do you join their launch?
Caitlyn65767
Caitlyn65767

Level : 30
Items I Can Gift : F-Passengers (5),F- Fuel (3 units), Do Not Disturb Sign, Biker Jacket, Loudspeaker, Bench, Computer, Single-Malt Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Assembly Robot, POS terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Wide-angle Binoculars, Fuel Additives, Insulation, Optical System, Additional Radar, Makeup, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleOSeven Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:36 am

when you click on your launchpad, there will be a window which shows any neighbours who have ongoing launches. You just select the neighbour and click the join launch button
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Back to top Go down

guide - Beginners Guide for Launching Empty Adding neighbor assistance

Post by Caitlyn65767 Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:54 am

DoubleOSeven wrote:when you click on your launchpad, there will be a window which shows any neighbours who have ongoing launches. You just select the neighbour and click the join launch button

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Caitlyn65767
Caitlyn65767
Caitlyn65767

Items I Can Gift : F-Passengers (5),F- Fuel (3 units), Do Not Disturb Sign, Biker Jacket, Loudspeaker, Bench, Computer, Single-Malt Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Assembly Robot, POS terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Wide-angle Binoculars, Fuel Additives, Insulation, Optical System, Additional Radar, Makeup, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer

Back to top Go down

Post by viraj Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 pm

I havent launched any spaceship yet. But my mission control centre and launch pad 2 will be up and running in 7 hours and i also have launchpad 1. I have 2 questions

1) can i launch a prometheus satellite before launching a normal one?

2) for the phantom menace event do i have to start my own launch or joining a neighbour will do?

viraj

Level : 33
Items I Can Gift : fuel , bath towel, robotic lawnmower, airconditioner, single-malt whisky, cockpit glass, welder, great shots , landing lamp, projector handling line, powerfull radio transmitter, spaceship engine, glass display case, Eau de Tollete, fuel supply jet engine, whiteboard , fuel additives, power source , additional radar, makeup , shredder, spare wire , hull parts, oscillating beacon, flight catering , packaging machine, navigation module, city model, fuel hose , gyroscope, deicer, COMMUNICATION ANTENNA, jackets, spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleOSeven Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Hi viraj

For the phantom menace mission, you only need to launch prometheus. As long as you meet complete the 3 tasks in the mission you will get the astronaut academy.

However there are side missions which will require to launch normal spaceship once you complete the Big Brother collection.

As for the launch, you can either start or join a neighbours launch. It doesn't matter as long as the launch succeeds.
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Back to top Go down

Post by viraj Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Ok. Thanks.

viraj

Level : 33
Items I Can Gift : fuel , bath towel, robotic lawnmower, airconditioner, single-malt whisky, cockpit glass, welder, great shots , landing lamp, projector handling line, powerfull radio transmitter, spaceship engine, glass display case, Eau de Tollete, fuel supply jet engine, whiteboard , fuel additives, power source , additional radar, makeup , shredder, spare wire , hull parts, oscillating beacon, flight catering , packaging machine, navigation module, city model, fuel hose , gyroscope, deicer, COMMUNICATION ANTENNA, jackets, spotlight

Back to top Go down

Post by Paranoimia Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:57 am

Caitlyn65767 wrote:If you are already someone's neighbor, how do you join their launch?

DoubleOSeven wrote:when you click on your launchpad, there will be a window which shows any neighbours who have ongoing launches. You just select the neighbour and click the join launch button

Hi all. I just signed up to ask this same question and found this thread.

I've been getting notifications that people need help with launches (only ever outside of the game, never while actually in it and playing) and was wondering how to assist. I read this thread and waited until I had another notification.

I had two earlier today. Tapped the notification to launch the game, then tapped both launch pads (standard and Prometheus) - neither gave me anything about neighbour launches, they just presented me with the Launch Preparation window showing me what I still needed to collect. Either something's not working right with my game, or both launches were prepped and dispatched very quickly.

Any ideas/suggestions?
Paranoimia
Paranoimia

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleOSeven Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:10 am

You need to complete launch preparation before the list shows up. Note that once you complete the launch preparation, then you are tied into that launchpad and can't use the other launchpad until you start/join a launch and the launch is successful (or fails if you don't achieve the required points within 24 hours).
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Back to top Go down

Post by Paranoimia Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:49 pm

I see. Many thanks for the info!
Paranoimia
Paranoimia

Back to top Go down

Post by R3d_F1v3 Thu May 02, 2013 4:29 am

What are the rewards for the gold, silver and bronze chests? Are there any differences between 1st and 3rd besides the extra coin and XP?
R3d_F1v3
R3d_F1v3

Level : 70 (598 Stars, 9 Hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Fuel (3), Fuel Catalyst, Bath Towel, Air Coniditioner, Single-Malt Whiskey, Paint, Generator, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Rope Block, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Video Wall, Laser Level, Guest Book, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Aircraft Tire, Calculator, Fuel Additives, Drill Machine, Optical System, Additional Radar, Makeup, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Transmitter, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent, Wireless Compass, Dryer, Blanket, Attitude Indicator, Screw Press, Earplugs, Fruit Lollipop, Boring Machine, Bed, E-Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleOSeven Thu May 02, 2013 6:18 am

The contents of the chest is different. There is always fuel, and fuel tank, plus items for the collections.

With Gold you get a bigger amount of fuel and fuel tanks and are also guaranteed at least 1 collection item for the special collection (Space Odyssey or History of Space Travel - depending on whether it was launch 1 or 2)

Silver gives you smaller amounts and special collection items drop often (not always) and Bronze will be even less.
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Kev Thu May 02, 2013 8:38 am

From memory, for PM launches(launch pad 2) the chests contain:

Gold - Fuel (150 units), 1 x Main Stabilizer, 3 x items from the History of Space Travel

Silver - Fuel (150 units), 2 x Large Tanks, 2 x items from the History of Space Travel, 1 x item from Dark Side of the Moon Collection

Bronze - yet to obtain

Big Kev

Level : 45(222 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Shears, Fuel catalyst, Bath Towel, Goal Posts, Computer, Single-Malt Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Tour Review, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Rope Block, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Robot Tester, Textbook, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Wide Angle Binoculars, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Optical System, Additional Radar, Makeup, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Arcade Machine, Podium, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleOSeven Thu May 02, 2013 9:35 am

Big Kev wrote:From memory, for PM launches(launch pad 2) the chests contain:

Gold - Fuel (150 units), 1 x Main Stabilizer, 3 x items from the History of Space Travel

Silver - Fuel (150 units), 2 x Large Tanks, 2 x items from the History of Space Travel, 1 x item from Dark Side of the Moon Collection

Bronze - yet to obtain

Thanks. Have updated the main post with these details.
DoubleOSeven
DoubleOSeven

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirima Thu May 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Thanks for this info. Maybe you could add one thing:
It sometimes takes a few seconds to prepare for the launch. Don't click again. If you do so, you will start two launches. Others don't know which one to join then.

Mirima

Level : 45/228* (Mirim) 45/203* (Eddy) 23(Mirim2)
Items I Can Gift : See Sig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Port Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this, so sorry if I write in a wrong place, but I put here because I consider my self as a beginner and still read that first post Smile

1. If I upgrade my Mission Control Centre Level 1 to MCC Level 2 and it's not complete yet (i.e lack of Solar Cell, Optical System, etc.), can I still join/start a Green launch while I'm gathering those items?
2. At this moment I have a Launch Pad 1, and for Prometheus launch I need to build Launch Pad 2 right. Can I sell my Launch Pad 1 or do I have to have both Launch Pad in place?

Sky Port

Level : 36 / 22
Items I Can Gift : Please see my signature.

Back to top Go down

Post by littleb Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:25 am

Thanks, Carlos! This guide is very useful.

The content of the Green Rocket has changed slightly.  The golden chest now gives only 4 items: 8x Silver Token, 1x Fuel(150), 1x Main Stabilizer, 1x item for Space Odyssey collection.  It takes longer to complete the collection now.

How the silver and bronze chests give items for Space Odyssey collection?

For PM launch, does a chest give out less items as well?

Also, now 1/2/3 start levels can be reached for launch.  What are the rewards in reaching the star level?

littleb

littleb

Level : 61
Items I Can Gift : Fuel(20), Fuel Catalyst, Do Not Disturb Sign, ATM, Pearl Earrings, Paint, Generator, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Flight Helmet, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Communication Antenna, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding Machine, Wireless Compass, Dryer, Blanket, Attitude Indicator, Energy-Saving Lamp, Document Detector, Protractor, Calibration Module, Screw Press, Earplugs, Fruit Lollipop; Can send-in-return: Level 7 [Fax Machine, ?], Level 8 [VOIP Phone, Router, Demodulator], MCC-3 [Offset Gregorian (Parabolic) Antenna], L9 [Energy-Saving Lamp, Information Sign, Coffee Machine], L10 [Protractor, Document Detector, Paper Cutter], Repair6 [Calibration Module], Reserved Hanger [Wheel Block, Safety Cone, Machine Oil]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down