Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accidental Purchases

+8
tamildv
stopin
mitno
AirArolon
Mark8757
Bertus
SR71
777Driver
12 posters

Go down

Accidental Purchases Empty Accidental Purchases

Post by 777Driver Tue May 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Hopefully I'm not the only one that has done this, because I like to think others can share my pain. Couple weeks ago I accidently bought the Collection Chest for 26 cash!!! OUCH!! I nealry barfed when I did it. And after getting over that, tonight I did it again.

I was checking item requirements for my Level 5 Control tower so I could adjust my Gift needs, and I accidently slid my finger across the "Buy for 24" button. ChaChing! I have my control tower, but my bank is hurting. And here I had been debating buying out the rest of my Town Hall for 6 cash so I can build more homes.

I actually sent a suggestion to the support folks asking to install a "confirm" page for purchases over 5 or 10 Cash. Or at least another way of earning the stuff. Obviously, it's in their interest to not help us save money, but what the hell, it's worth a try.

Ofcourse, I've also bought the occasional Golden Dice, Fuel, etc. But these big ones hurt.

Maybe it's better not to carry a balance? Thoughts?
777Driver
777Driver

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Accidental Purchases Empty Re: Accidental Purchases

Post by SR71 Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 am

Yep, I bought a Golden Dice the other day unintentionally, so I know what you mean. Good idea on the 'Confirm' button suggestion, I would be all for it!

Man, if I had accidentally spent a total of 50 airport cash like you did, I'd probably cry (or just give up playing) Neutral
SR71
SR71

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertus Wed May 09, 2012 2:22 am

I accidentally bought an extra repair base slot early in the game. It should definitely ask for confirmation on all purchases using cash.

Bertus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark8757 Wed May 09, 2012 3:55 am

I have done the same thing more than I care to admit. I imagine I have accidentally purchased at least 50 airport cash by those stupid screens that seem to pop up just as I am tapping the screen.

Mark8757

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Wed May 09, 2012 6:50 am

I got into a back and forth with tech support when I accused them of intentionally having those stupid "Favorites" and "New" ietms popping up on the screen with no warning, and having the BUY button exactly where the sound mute and music mute toggles are. So when you open your game and maybe want to turn down the sound first thing, and the the Buy button is there before you know it. That's how I bought the Collection Chest, and got nothing to show for it.

I mean, I guess I got some collection items, but I can't figure out what they are.

I forgot about the Repair Slots. Those are bad, because you always have to slide them out of the way to get to your plane. Press too hard, and you spent 10 bills. Scam
777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Thu May 10, 2012 3:09 am

Gah! Just bought another dice by accident... Mad
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by AirArolon Thu May 10, 2012 12:38 pm

I have done it many times as well. I think keeping the balance low is actually a good way to prevent buying higher priced items.

AirArolon

Back to top Go down

Post by mitno Fri May 11, 2012 6:59 am

Been there, done that.... Is it that hard to prompt for confirmation????

mitno

Level : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Bertus Fri May 11, 2012 7:10 am

SR71 wrote:Gah! Just bought another dice by accident... Mad
Bleeeh, the same thing happened to me today.

Bertus

Back to top Go down

Post by stopin Fri May 11, 2012 11:48 am

The deveolpers could easily program a confirmation for any micro cash purchase, but why should they as it would be counter productive to profits. No
stopin
stopin

Level : (Android L45, 232★, 9♥) ---- (IOS L45, 175★, 9♥)
Items I Can Gift : FUEL 20

Back to top Go down

Post by AirArolon Fri May 11, 2012 5:28 pm

stopin wrote:The deveolpers could easily program a confirmation for any micro cash purchase, but why should they as it would be counter productive to profits. No

they do something much worse. they purposely place icons in such a way for one to easily mis press--by rote repetition--and purchase with green cash! it is insidious! predatory!

AirArolon

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Sat May 12, 2012 11:30 pm

I have lost count the number of times I have spent cash on unwanted things!!! plus now I keep gifting things to people when I am trying to find something on their want list (then I have to wait one whole day to rectify it doh!!)
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeip40 Sun May 13, 2012 4:57 am

It just happened to me, I just accidentally upgraded the @#&%%* city hall for $100 bucks!! Evil or Very Mad

Jeip40

Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmy21 Sun May 13, 2012 5:19 am

wow....I thought wasting $3 airport cash on stupid dice after accidentally tapping to quick made me mad (I've done this 4 times so far).

very devious on the game developers part (but it seems this is a very successful method of separating the gamer from their cash). Funny how we all complain, yet continue to play on......

This has been the primary reason why I haven't spent any money for extra coin or airport cash.
jimmy21
jimmy21

Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Sun May 13, 2012 6:38 am

tamildv wrote:I have lost count the number of times I have spent cash on unwanted things!!! plus now I keep gifting things to people when I am trying to find something on their want list (then I have to wait one whole day to rectify it doh!!)

Yeah I've sent several random girfts accidently to people that have helped me out tremendously and then got rewarded with Cockpit Glass or something else they don't need. Unless they are on this board, there's no way to communicate with them to explain.

I guess suggesting a messaging component to the developers would be too much. I'd rather have the "Confirm Purchase" button. Not holding my breath!
777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Sun May 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Gahhhhgghhhh...accidentally bought a dice, for the third time... Mad

Oh well, at least it wasn't a Collection Chest or something like that...
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down

Post by mekgmg Sun May 27, 2012 8:07 am

Grr!!!!

Accidentally bought Collection chest. 5 useless items for 26 hard earned Cash. What a waste!!!!

I hate that pop up!!!!!
mekgmg
mekgmg

Level : 35 ( 101 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Gift available: Dnd sign, Fuel (3), , Air Conditoner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Passengers (10), Flight Goggles, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Aditives, Power Source, Additional Radar, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation module, Master plan, Fuel hose, Gyroscope, Spare propeller, Deicer, Air filter

Back to top Go down

Post by Shooty Sun May 27, 2012 8:09 am

Nooo! Evil or Very Mad Ugh I just bought a collections case on accident and got 26 bucks of worthless junk. I tried so hard after reading this post about not doing this and it happens. So frustrating, I'm going to try send an email over to them and see what happens. Let y'all know.
Shooty
Shooty

Level : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Sun May 27, 2012 5:01 pm

Shooty wrote:Nooo! Evil or Very Mad Ugh I just bought a collections case on accident and got 26 bucks of worthless junk. I tried so hard after reading this post about not doing this and it happens. So frustrating, I'm going to try send an email over to them and see what happens. Let y'all know.

Damn that sucks! I'd say, go ahead and send them a nasty email. However, don't get your hopes up. I went round and round with them on this exact topic, and they basically told me "tough shit!"

I believe the positioning and timing of this particular pop up is blatant and deliberate profit taking through trickery...and I told them so. I guess they agree, since they didn't say otherwise.

If you get any results, please share with us.
777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by SR71 Sun May 27, 2012 6:30 pm

...just accidentally bought an extra repair slot... Mad
SR71
SR71

Back to top Go down