Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cinco de Mayo Update

+2
SR71
stopin
6 posters

Go down

Cinco de Mayo Update Empty Cinco de Mayo Update

Post by stopin Sun May 06, 2012 10:05 am

Has anyone updated with todays new release? What's else is different? bounce

One thing I noticed they change the zoom levels, everything is larger then it was with the previous edition's zoom level. Since I play the game on a Motorola Xoom, I can see that I can not fit as many buildings in view then was previous viewed at the same zoom level before the upgrade.

I wonder if this was to accomidate the new "View" feature, which was pretty cool when I tried it. I looked in at one of my friends cities and tapped on some stuff. Very Happy
stopin
stopin

Level : (Android L45, 232★, 9♥) ---- (IOS L45, 175★, 9♥)
Items I Can Gift : FUEL 20

Back to top Go down

Cinco de Mayo Update Empty Re: Cinco de Mayo Update

Post by SR71 Sun May 06, 2012 2:09 pm

I've updated. The ability to visit other cities is pretty cool. From what I can see:
* You now have the ability to collect fuel/passengers/money up to five times per city you visit.
* The amount you can collect each time is 1/2/5 units of fuel/passengers/coins respectively.
* After your five collections, you gain one reputation (heart).
* As you gain reputation, you can increse your reputation level which allows you to visit more cities per day.
* You cannot visit the cities of those who have not updated to the latest version.
SR71
SR71

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Sun May 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Hmmm... Getting curious... I will update later today. It would be nice to see where my sent items end up Wink
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Mon May 07, 2012 4:31 am

It's pretty cool to see what your neighbours did with there city Smile
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc_ Mon May 07, 2012 6:14 am

I visited some neighbours today and besides the passengers/fuel/coins I also got a collection item from a neighbour's sportshop.

A friend even got two Rockshops

Marc_

Level : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Mon May 07, 2012 9:28 am

You got a sportsbag from the sportshop?!? That's like one of the most infrequent collectables there is! After you get the one for the quest early in the game, they never show up. I gave up and "sold" my Sports store and replaced it with a campground as it has a much better (for me) payout structure. 425/day vs 2592/day.
777Driver
777Driver

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by babbel Mon May 07, 2012 5:53 pm

Visiting the neighbours works fine until I reach 4 hearts. When I confirm to 2nd heart level (more friends and visits possible), I get kicked out of the game and have to start again. Anyone else same problem?

babbel

Level : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by babbel Mon May 07, 2012 6:02 pm

What the hell? After being signed out for 15 minutes, I all of a sudden lost my level (14) and I am now back to level 1! Shutting down and starting up again confirmed level 1, start all over again. Anyone any clue whether I can solve this?

babbel

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Mon May 07, 2012 6:09 pm

UGH!!! That sucks! You may try contacting tech support, but they can't do much about lost game data.

Check out the "Upgrading removes gifts" on this board. There's a way to revert back to before the upgrade. You might try that. What could it hurt?

777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by babbel Mon May 07, 2012 6:36 pm

I really don't know what happened here. I did nothing to retrieve the old status but just signed out and wait for half an hour. Now I signed in again and everything is back to level 14 again. I didn't loose a thing! Was this a Monday morning wake up call????

babbel

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Mon May 07, 2012 6:45 pm

Wow! You dodged a bullet! Only problem I've had (so far) is that the game won't let me add cottages for a stupid (Tap some cottages) quest. It shows my population number as 240/0. As if I had no town hall. I' just upgraded to level five Town Hall, and have 12 friggin items to collect or buy.

Kind of weird. Oh well
777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by babbel Mon May 07, 2012 6:51 pm

hahaha, another 12 friggin items to collect.. that's what this game is about!

babbel

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 pm

LOL. Yeah, you're right. Sometimes I get caught up in moving forward, and not just flying planes.

But it gets annoying when you pay 180,000 or 200,000 for a new building and then on top of it you either have to pony up serious bills for the 12 items available from a city you can't fly to yet, or fly to places that conveniently require other items (Fuel additive, Wires, beacons, etc.) that also end up costing money.

Sometimes I just fel like the developers designed the game to get you one way or another.

Luckily, the gifting and Neighbor feature should help tremedously.
777Driver
777Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum