Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is how to prevent Accidental Purchases

5 posters

Go down

Here is how to prevent  Accidental Purchases Empty Here is how to prevent Accidental Purchases

Post by Glad2BMe Sat May 19, 2012 9:57 pm

FYI

I also have made 1 accidental purchase. I had also tried to get GameInsight, the Developer, and Google Play to work with me...I even tried to get them just to exchange the item accidentally purchase,(flower cutters and butterfly nets), to something I would be able to use....I had no need for the accidental purchase, since I had no flowers or butterflies. I asked if they would at least reverse credit so I could use it for something which would help me. It would of been no loss to them, they would still have the money. There was no cooperation. I was told it is in the rules and regulations.
Well I did get over it since the gift exchange feature has been added.
TO PREVENT ACCIDENTAL PURCHASES:

1. On your phone OPEN Google Play Store App.
2. Press MENU and then SETTINGS
3 Touch "SET" or change "PIN"
4. Enter a PIN code, and then OK
5. Re-enter your PIN to confirm
6. Check the box for "Use PIN for purchases"

Now when you try to purchase anything on your phone, you must enter your pin number to finalize your purchase.

To reset your PIN code if you have forgotten it:
1. from Android homescreen, goto menu , then go to settings
2. To to Applications - Manage Applications - All
3. Scroll down and select the Play Store app
4. Touch Clear Data
All of the settings with Google Play Store app should then reset.

Hope this helps anyone whom would like an extra security set on your phone, before any purchase made through Google Play Store.

Glad2BMe
Glad2BMe
Glad2BMe

Level : 35 - 99 stars
Items I Can Gift : Items available to share: Fuel (3 units),5 Passengers, Air Conditioner, Computer, Cockpit Glass, Paint, Welder, Generator, Landing Lamp, Radar, Copy Machine, Projector,Dispatcher Console, Passengers (10), Fuel (20 units), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Flight Helmet, Flight Goggles, Slide Rule, Textbook, Guestbook, fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Aircraft Tire, Stapler, Weather Display, Wide-angle Binoculars, Whiteboard, Calculator, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Drill Machine, Insulation, Addition Radar, Ampermeter, Shredder, Cash Counter, Smoke Detector, Ergonomic Chair, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Hull Parts, Lining Plate, Server Rack, Stamp, Landing Gear, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packing Machine, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, City Model, Master Plan, Transmitter, Fuel Hose,gyroscope, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, TV

Back to top Go down

Here is how to prevent  Accidental Purchases Empty Re: Here is how to prevent Accidental Purchases

Post by Jeip40 Sun May 20, 2012 1:33 am

Glad2Bme, I just tried what you advised and it didn't work for me. I was able to spend some airportcash without asking for notification. Crying or Very sad maybe I did something wrong.

Jeip40

Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Here is how to prevent  Accidental Purchases Empty Re: Here is how to prevent Accidental Purchases

Post by Sturky Sun May 20, 2012 3:11 am

Doesn't work for me :-( Spend 6 airportcash for accidental purchases. Damn... Have to save an other few weeks for next expansion.

Sturky

Level : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Sun May 20, 2012 4:41 am

I think the pin setup only works for "real" cash being spent via the market place...

and sadly does not apply to the "airport cash"
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Here is how to prevent  Accidental Purchases Empty Re: accident purchase

Post by Glad2BMe Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

Yes, this is only to help not to make accidental purchases....in buying coins and or cash with your credit card, not an accidental purchase within the game which we have earned and or spent many hours getting. I have also spend hard earned green dollars on items not intended. Sorry if the message was misleading, or caused anyone a loss....I was really trying to help. I agree the developer of this game should correct this so it is user friendly, reassuring we would like to make the final transaction.
Glad2BMe
Glad2BMe

Level : 35 - 99 stars
Items I Can Gift : Items available to share: Fuel (3 units),5 Passengers, Air Conditioner, Computer, Cockpit Glass, Paint, Welder, Generator, Landing Lamp, Radar, Copy Machine, Projector,Dispatcher Console, Passengers (10), Fuel (20 units), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Flight Helmet, Flight Goggles, Slide Rule, Textbook, Guestbook, fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Aircraft Tire, Stapler, Weather Display, Wide-angle Binoculars, Whiteboard, Calculator, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Drill Machine, Insulation, Addition Radar, Ampermeter, Shredder, Cash Counter, Smoke Detector, Ergonomic Chair, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Hull Parts, Lining Plate, Server Rack, Stamp, Landing Gear, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packing Machine, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, City Model, Master Plan, Transmitter, Fuel Hose,gyroscope, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, TV

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Sun May 20, 2012 8:35 pm

I've gone round and round with Game Insight on this too after accidentally buying the stupid Collections Chest (26 bills and which I believe is placed and timed for maximum accidental purchase) and hitting the "Buy All" for my level 4 Control tower (32 bills) in one night. They won't put in a "confirm purchase" or an "are you sure?" button for any coin or cash purchases when (according to my friend who builds apps and looked at the code for Airport City) it would be simple to do.

This reaffirms my belief that it's all about the money for them. Now, I'm a Capitalist, and believe that is their right as a business, and it is our right not to play the game if we don't like it. But that doesn't make it any less dissappointing.

Easiest way to avoid spending in-game money is not to have it in your bank. That's the only time I'm not terrfied that I may buy a piece of land or "buy All" for some construction project - when I have 3or 4 bills in my bank. That said, when they run the 300% promotion once a month or so currently running), I usually buy 96 bills for $10 (just to have on hand), and the fear cycle begins again. Oh well.

Only way around this whole mess is to root your phone and use one of the published work arounds (a.k.a cheats) to be able to give your self unlimited fuel, passengers, and ofcourse, cash and coin.
777Driver
777Driver

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down