Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backing Up Airport City

5 posters

Go down

Backing Up Airport City Empty Backing Up Airport City

Post by brainfish Sat May 19, 2012 3:44 am

Hi all,

HTC have helpfully told me I have to hard reset my phone. I was wondering if anyone knew how and if you could back up my airport so after the reset I can pick up where I left off.

I have found 2 files on my SD card in the ".android_secure" folder called "com.gameinsight.airport-1.asec" and "com.gameinsight.airport-2.asec" and was wondering if anyone knew what these were.

When I soft reset my phone Airport city was deleted from my own (no idea why) but when I reinstalled it, my airport was there. However, I don't know if the same will happen with a hard reset.

Any help is much appreciated,

brainfish

Level : 26

Back to top Go down

Backing Up Airport City Empty Re: Backing Up Airport City

Post by Dusss Sat May 19, 2012 5:08 am

The game data is located on your device itself, not the memory card. Backing up the data of your game is only possible if your device is rooted. By rooting your device you get full access to it but in most cases you loose your warranty.
Dusss
Dusss

Level : 35

Back to top Go down

Post by brainfish Sat May 19, 2012 5:29 am

That is what I assumed. My phone has not run out of warranty yet so I don't want to root it. What are these files on the SD card then?

brainfish

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Sat May 19, 2012 5:42 am

I never checked the files on the sd card. What i do know is that the game data is located on your device itself. The path is:

/data/data/com.gameinsight.airport/
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by brainfish Sat May 19, 2012 6:47 am

OK, thanks. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet at some point!

brainfish

Back to top Go down

Post by jedverdejo Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 am

hi,

I made a backup with asus appbackup (data only) and restored it in another device and it worked perfectly. My device is not rooted. Maybe some other backup app for nonrooted devices will alsowork.

If you are interested, i guess i can check mybackup (nonroot version).

best regards

jedverdejo
6mtget
jedverdejo
jedverdejo

Level : 50 / 50 / 50
Items I Can Gift : jedv - DND sign, goal?, automatic cashier, pearl collar, cockpit glass, welder, album, photocopier machine, steel, passengers (10), astro engine, pos terminal, cognac, binoculars, drill , solar cell, bracelet, cash counter, linning panel, cooling chamber, Archive Box, Gyroscope, Grinder, laptop?, metal arc?, monitor?, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars ?, Centrif.?, turnstile, 3d printer, infrarred cam // jedv2: DND sign, bench?, cashier, bonbon , cockpit, Welder, album, radar, steel, Pass. (10), tester robot, googles, cognac, jet motor, stapler, Power source, comm. ant., bracelet, amperimeter, laser cutter, landing, cooling chamber, Archive , Gyroscope, Grinder, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars? , Centrif.?, patrol drone, low cons. lamp, mov. sensor // jedv3: all-incl. bracelet, Robotic Lawnmower?, automatic cashier, whiskey, painting, generator, travel guide, projector, sand bag, passengers (10), laser level, guests book, cognac, tyre, whiteboard, drill, comm. antenna, bracelet, ergo chair, stamp, passenger seat, wheather panel, transmitter, altimeter, tv panel, major, patrol drone, hand drier, mov. sensor,

Back to top Go down

Post by Dusss Mon May 21, 2012 3:56 am

You're using an app that gained root-access. It's no surprise that this works. Especialy when it's an Asus app used on an Asus device. What other device are you using? Because there is a very small chance an Asus app will work correctly on an non-Asus device. And if it does run, you have to be very careful with it not to mess up your file structure. There's always a chance to brick your device. I wouldn't recommend anybody to just give it a try if your not sure what you're doing.
Dusss
Dusss

Back to top Go down

Post by jedverdejo Mon May 21, 2012 4:15 am

sorry. you are absolutely right. my other device is also an asus, although a different model. Only backed up and restored the data f or airport city, so i guess the worst case is meesing up this app data and having to reinstall it. Anyway, I forgot to warn about this kind of procedures and supposed some relevant info as granted. Being a computer related professional, it is a big mistake on my side.

Thanks for the warning.

regards

Dusss wrote:You're using an app that gained root-access. It's no surprise that this works. Especialy when it's an Asus app used on an Asus device. What other device are you using? Because there is a very small chance an Asus app will work correctly on an non-Asus device. And if it does run, you have to be very careful with it not to mess up your file structure. There's always a chance to brick your device. I wouldn't recommend anybody to just give it a try if your not sure what you're doing.
jedverdejo
jedverdejo

Level : 50 / 50 / 50
Items I Can Gift : jedv - DND sign, goal?, automatic cashier, pearl collar, cockpit glass, welder, album, photocopier machine, steel, passengers (10), astro engine, pos terminal, cognac, binoculars, drill , solar cell, bracelet, cash counter, linning panel, cooling chamber, Archive Box, Gyroscope, Grinder, laptop?, metal arc?, monitor?, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars ?, Centrif.?, turnstile, 3d printer, infrarred cam // jedv2: DND sign, bench?, cashier, bonbon , cockpit, Welder, album, radar, steel, Pass. (10), tester robot, googles, cognac, jet motor, stapler, Power source, comm. ant., bracelet, amperimeter, laser cutter, landing, cooling chamber, Archive , Gyroscope, Grinder, Holographic? , Glass?, Binoculars? , Centrif.?, patrol drone, low cons. lamp, mov. sensor // jedv3: all-incl. bracelet, Robotic Lawnmower?, automatic cashier, whiskey, painting, generator, travel guide, projector, sand bag, passengers (10), laser level, guests book, cognac, tyre, whiteboard, drill, comm. antenna, bracelet, ergo chair, stamp, passenger seat, wheather panel, transmitter, altimeter, tv panel, major, patrol drone, hand drier, mov. sensor,

Back to top Go down

Post by brainfish Mon May 21, 2012 5:05 am

Wish HTC would release a back up solution like this! It did surprise me to find out neither Google nor HTC had a full back up option as I thought something like that would be so necessary to so many customers.

brainfish

Back to top Go down

Post by 777Driver Mon May 21, 2012 6:38 am

I wrote about my experience having to do the same thing with my HTC Incredible 2:

777Driver wrote:Contact tech support (via the GameInsight webpage), but I can tell you that unless you have rooted your phone and had backed up the data ahead of time....it's gone.

I had to replace my phone, and by working with tech support and providing my order numbers for all the banknotes and coin I purchased, when I did have to start over, they sent me all the money I had gradually purchased at once. Actually, it was kind of fun starting over with 800 bills and avoiding previous mistakes. But I'd rather not have to do it again.

As far as everything purchased - land, colectables, stars, buildings, coin earned (hundreds of thousands) and spent...sorry it's gone.

This happened to me a month ago. It's possible they've come up with a backup system, but I doubt it.

Any questions....hit me up.
777Driver
777Driver

Level : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Tue May 29, 2012 10:10 pm

I have an HTC as well and have been looking for a backup solution as well - Does anyone recommend any free full backup software?

Sorry if this is off-topic [please feel free to delete it]

brainfish wrote:Wish HTC would release a back up solution like this! It did surprise me to find out neither Google nor HTC had a full back up option as I thought something like that would be so necessary to so many customers.
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down