Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad form when joining a launch?

+2
skyhigh
Dulles Sky Cap
6 posters

Go down

Bad form when joining a launch? Empty Bad form when joining a launch?

Post by Dulles Sky Cap Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am

Lately, I haven't been able to spend as much time as I would like keeping up with the discussions here, so I apologize if this has already been discussed. I quickly perused the forum and didn't see any such discussion, but I could easily have missed it.

BAD FORM WHEN JOINING A LAUNCH?

Is it considered bad form to join someone else's launch, swoop in, and take first place? Surely, it depends upon the circumstances. I am sure there are situations in which the player who initiated the launch is unable to quickly move the launch along. You don't know when you join a particular launch how quickly the initiator is going to contribute points, and once you've joined you are stuck with that launch until completion. When you can only participate in one launch at a time, you don't want to be stuck waiting for a slow player to get the launch over 800 points.

But if the initiator is moving things along briskly, is it bad form to swoop in and in roughly 30 seconds contribute over 800 points, thus stealing first place away from the player who initiated the launch?

There may be many different schools of thought on this and I am sure that those members who are interested in this topic are interested in all viewpoints, so please don't be shy about sharing your thoughts on this.

Best regards,

Dulles Sky Cap
Dulles Sky Cap
Dulles Sky Cap

Level : 40 (180 stars) (9 hearts) (1,500,000+ experience points)
Items I Can Gift : Items that I can gift to others: Additional Radar, Air Conditioner, Air Vent Filter, Album, Bath Towel, Bench, Biker Jacket, Cash Counter, City Model, Cockpit Glass, Copy Machine, Deicer, Drill Machine, Eau de Toilette, Flight Catering, Fuel (3 units), Fuel Additives, Fuel Hose, Fuel Supply, Gyroscope, Handling Line, Jet Engine, Landing Gear, Landing Lamp, Laser Level, Lining Plate, Makeup, Navigation Module, Oscillating Beacon, Packaging Machine, Passengers (10), POS terminal, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Single-Malt Whiskey, Spare Propeller, Spare Wire, Spotlight, Welder, Wide-angle Binoculars.

Back to top Go down

Bad form when joining a launch? Empty Re: Bad form when joining a launch?

Post by skyhigh Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:12 am

Hi, good issue to discuss here!
I am able to help people in any way. With lots of points: 1598 or less.
With high contribution of me, other people can save points to get first place in later launches.

My problem is that I don't always know how I can help people. Some people send me a PM or do a post. Then we can find out what's best.
In other cases I joined a launch with for example 600- points already 4 people in and couple of hrs left. In that cases I finish the launch program.
I'm not interessed in getting 1st place ... I just want to help.

Workaround: a player can change his in game name with the max points he can add (example: Skyhigh 936p)

I'm interested in others peoples experiences.
Greetings Skyhigh

Last edited by skyhigh on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
skyhigh
skyhigh

Level : 40, 200stars, 1,4million exp.points
Items I Can Gift : 20(!!) fuel, Fuel catalyst, Bath Towel, Robotic Lawnmower, Air Conditioner, Pearl Earrings, Welder, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Radar, Handing Line, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, Flight Helmet, Candies, Fuel Supply, Airplane Tires, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Make up, Additional Radar, Comm. Antenna, Amperemeter, Lasercutter, Spare Wire, Pass Seat, Fight Catering, Cooler, Nav module, Archive box, Fuel hose, Oscillating Beacon, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Monitor, Sanding machine, Beverage Cooler, Fax

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u68

Back to top Go down

Post by Sonny Boy Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:13 am

good topic.

I want to get the alien legacy building, so I'm saving up points so I can start a new launch. This is for me the best way to get a first place. But even then some come in and take first place. Especially when I already get 700 points it's very annoying. I also don't have many Lab Book Collections, so I can't participate in many launches.
If you want first place, start your own launch. And write on this forum that you have an easy launch to join for people to get second and third place. If you join a launch, don't add more points than the one who started it (same applies for a third joiner), unless he has very few points (like 300) or there is less than 12 hours to go.

Well, that's about my opinion. If someone wants to join my launch, you're welcome, but please let me have my first place (I have almost 800 points) ;-)

Sonny Boy

Level : 35
Items I Can Gift : Can send: fuel(3), earrings, cognac, whitegold bracelet, DND sign, airconditioner, cockpit window, welder, photo album, landinglight, copy machine,channel bar, passengers(10), powerful radio transmitter, POS terminal, fuel supply, jet engine, wide angle binoculars, fuel additives, drill machine, additional radar, amperemeter, spare wire, laser cutter, landing gear, oscillating beacon, catering, cooling chamber, navigation module, archive box, fuel hose, gyroscoop, spare propellor, deicer, grinding machine, video wall, laser level, old lantern, sleigh oil

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:41 am

a few very good points raised here and in principle I agree with some of them..

Few Issues problems I found:
1. I am still not too sure why people even start a launch sequence if they can not make 1600 points - it is pretty easy to work out how many points you have before you start - what do you gain if you start a launch sequence and cannot finish it....

2. It does not matter if you srated the launch or not.. the prizes is what matters (coins & experiance)

3. The gold box is not always the best to complete the Zero gravity collection - the last 4 bronze boxes gave me more items for the collection than the gold ones.... So it is not really a fare way the items are distributed...

4. In-game names are not being updated correctly since december - so any name changes is not seen by all.

5. I have major problems trying to work out if the person I joined is able to put in all the points or just gave up.... I normally wait for the 2 points option to reset and if the other person has not put anymore in I assume they are not going to be putting any more. They could be asleep - but again difficult to know...

6. I always try to post a message in the Launch group 1 thread to let people know I am able to help with as many points as they want.... As TDV19 is just a temp game for gifting - I do not gain anything from getting gold or silver... am there just to make up the points total...

I think if possible it would be nice if people can just make a post in the Launch Group1 - if they want any help or just want to do it themselves... so people know not to join and spoil the other person's chance of going for gold (if that is what you want) - or just put in the bare minimum so you will get gold and then ask for help so someone else can help you with the reminder of the points and you are not over burdended...

I have now stopped joining peoples launch as I can never tell what they want - and my post to help has gone unanswered....
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Post by SallyCDA Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:10 pm

I wouldn't worry so much.

The only hard and fast bad form is to hijack someone else's launch, imo. You can collect all the items and sit there waiting as long as you feel like to join another's launch, so the only reason to start your own is because you want to get the gold. That said, if there's only a couple of hours left in someone's launch and it looks like they've packed it in, (maybe they're asleep or working), and it's hijack the launch or lose it, I'd think the person would rather take second place than lose it entirely.

RE: speed, if finishing and launching in 2 hours is important to you, find some like-minded buddies to form a regular launch clique. I think the rest of us are happy to have people contribute whatever they can and don't really expect to maximize launches by having only an hour of downtime, and I have a hard time imagining people would browbeat others for only putting in a few hundred points. In fact, I don't understand how so many of you get so many points. Neutral The hibernation glitch doesn't work for me, so I have to join other people's launches 3/4 times (minimum) to stockpile enough high-point items to be able to safely get gold. Even then, I usually have only about 550-600 points in instant gratification, and have to still use the lower end contributions to get myself up to 800.

Personally, I play on my tablet. If I have no wireless around, no internet connection. And I've got no wireless in my cubicle at my 9-5 M-F job. I have to sneak out to another part of the building a few times a day to pilfer internet access Twisted Evil Also, I like to sleep at night. So contributing every 10 minutes minimum is just not possible for me, and by extension, I have to imagine the same for most others, so I grant the general public leniency Very Happy

Take it easy on us slightly-less-hardcore players! Very Happy

SallyCDA

Level : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Tuttle Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:07 pm

On this subject...

I want to publicly apologize to "Little Gizmo" I'm not sure if you're here (I'll search for you after I finish reading new posts. If I don't find you, add me to your friends list!)

I joined his (her?) launch about 8 hrs in and the launch points were really low (around 100?). I added 66 points, which was what I could add quickly without using my powerful explosive bolt (it seemed like the launch may have been abandoned) and watched for about an hour to see if any more points were added. None were so I went about my day, intending to check back in a few hours. Those few hours turned into most of the day and when I finally did check back he'd completed the 1600 points and we launched. I really didn't mean to ride your coattails dude, I could have helped out a lot more. The way I see it I owe you a launch so I'm watching for you and I'll add everything I can (but stay under 800!).

Again, add me if you're here and I don't find you.
Harry Tuttle
Harry Tuttle

Level : 40
Items I Can Gift : Fuel(3),Bath Towel,Goal Posts,ATM,Chocolate Candies,Cockpit Glass,Welder,Great Shots,Landing Lamp,Radar,Channel Bar,Passengers(10),Powerful Radio Transmitter,Assembly Robot,Flight Goggles,Eau de Toilette,Fuel Supply,Jet Engine,Stapler,Fuel Additives,Power Source,Additional Radar,White Gold Bracelet,Amperemeter,Spare Wire,Laser Cutter,Landing Gear,Oscillating Beacon,Flight Catering,Cooling Chamber,Navigation Module,Archive Box,Fuel Hose,Gyroscope,Spare Propeller,Deicer,Air Vent Filter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down