Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exchange items !?

2 posters

Go down

Exchange items !? Empty Exchange items !?

Post by ramadri Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi, I'm new here on this forum, and even though i tried to read all topics, i might have overlooked an important ideea.
So here is my proposal, depending of the willingness of a moderator.
In order for us to send items to our neighbours, instead of reading through a large tedious topic, I propose that a moderator to create a sticky topic with only "names/codes" of registered users. The names should be links towards profile page where we can all see the code for invitation, the needs and the items that one can offer.
I for one would go every day onto this page and click one by one, look for those i can offer something i have and would like for others to do this as well.
You could say that there is a danger, that one will send only to first 20 in the list and others get omitted... but... a) maybe i cannot send items to first 20 because i don't have, b) items for upgrading should be more important than fuel&passengers (that can be decided later)... or even c) the same moderator could take the last half of the list and put it on top on a weekly base in order to ensure that everybody gets on top of the list. I'm sure it will work as i don't think that there are more than 50 users active.
So what do you say...!?

PS: I saw you already had some other attempts to make the exchange items to work, but it doesn't seem to me optimal to read entire topics.

ramadri

Level : 35
Items I Can Gift : Can offer: Christmas quest items: Snow Ball and Red Paint

Back to top Go down

Exchange items !? Empty Re: Exchange items !?

Post by ams4l Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi Ramadri,
I'm not a moderator, so I dont answer on behalf of them :p
I just try to let you know how I do that..

I have lists of neighbours, of course. I always check on "Need Help On Parts" forum every day before sending items. The last 10 (or whatever numbers you see fit) post must be the most urgent needs. If they are my neighbours, and I can fullfill them, then they are my priorities.

Other than that, I always, always send back gift.
So I will need to know what to send back to who already gift me.
1. I can see if their in game name contains needed items (e.g. smith-fuel supply, then it means he needs fuel supply at the moment).
2. If their in game name doesnt contain any needed items, I will see their profile. If my neighbour updates their profile regularly, then their needs will be written there.
3. If it happens to be my neighbours do no update their profiles regularly, I usually see their level, and send "flight items" accordingly. Everybody will need Spare Wire, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering... or just Fuel/Passangers.

THEN,
If I have gone through all that and I still have gift to send, I will check neighbours with "ingame name - needed items", to make my life alot easier.

OR
If I have run out of gifts and I still have neighbours gifting me, I will owe them my tomorrow's gift. They will be my priority then. I honesly have a weekly listing of gifting...

The "Need Help On Parts" thread/forum is already kindy a sticky topic.., people will put their needs there. And hopefully update their profile regularly.
And of course, hopefully their ingame name contains needed items that is updated regularly as well.

Well, that's how I do that..

hope I wont confuse you.. Smile

Last edited by ams4l on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change to the exact thread/forum name..)

ams4l

Level : 35 (81 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Video Wall, ATM, Fuel (3), Chocolate Candies, Eau de Toilette, White Gold Bracelet, Bath Towel, LASER LEVEL, Bench, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Projector, Rope Block, Pasenger (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Glass Display Case, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Wide Angel Binoculars, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, Shredder, Sparewire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter

Back to top Go down

Post by ramadri Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:49 pm

No... it's ok, i play this game for a long time... so i understand everything about it's mechanics.
My problem is, that in the early days, i invited lot's of users in order to receive the coins. Now i have 202 (and 700 on the waiting list) neighbours. I can bet that more than 70% are not active... but i do not have the means to verify this... and even if i would know, i wouldn't kick them out, as they may prove useful for those quest that drop items from visiting them. My problem is now, when i discovered this forum... that i know for sure that everybody i invited from here is active, and i want to make them my priority when sending gifts... but i soon discovered that the topic for needed items is very ... clogged ... with off topic discussions or unnecessary information. I though that a list of links of users with their needs and offers, where i could check with only a click, might be more useful. Of course the need items topic can still operate... as i can write to a specific user to send me what i need.

PS: I think my post just became irrelevant as i discovered the Members link, where i can find exactly what i wanted. So i guess i will send items to those who have "today" as status to last visit. I just hope they updated their needs Smile. The only problem is i will have no means to make put myself on the first page Very Happy

ramadri

Level : 35
Items I Can Gift : Can offer: Christmas quest items: Snow Ball and Red Paint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down