Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?'

+5
Pavolko
ayonatan
flying dutchman
mikedabomb
parking_god
9 posters

Go down

Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?' Empty Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?'

Post by parking_god Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:34 am

Remember how commercial buildings used to not count against your population limit? Yeah, that was nice. It was good while it lasted.

Even after GI 'fixed' that 'bug,' you could still overbuild because a building didn't count against your population limit until it was complete. So to build a group of specialized buildings to chase Event Of The Week, you could demolish enough buildings to get just below your population limit, then build all the new buildings you needed *and rebuild the ones you just tore down* as long as you did them all at the same time.

Well, with the latest update, it appears that 'bug' has been 'fixed' as well. Buildings now count against your max pop from the time you begin construction. So ONCE AGAIN I've knocked half my city down, and I'll be able to build a grand total of ONE f'ing Farmer's Market in its place.

Up yours sideways, GI.
parking_god
parking_god

Level : 70/545/9
Items I Can Gift : N/A at the moment

Back to top Go down

Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?' Empty Re: Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?'

Post by mikedabomb Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:52 am

Yes, this loophole was definitely nice while it lasted. I was counting on taking advantage of it for my Farmers Markets.

Seems the game gets less fun all the time.
mikedabomb
mikedabomb

Level : 50 (192 ★,9 ♥)
Items I Can Gift : I've installed it

Back to top Go down

Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?' Empty Re: Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?'

Post by flying dutchman Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:10 am

Yep feeling once again a mass murderer but no rebuilding possible
GI takes away the spirit and fun
Don't now of I will join the next event, thanks GI Crying or Very sad 
flying dutchman
flying dutchman

Level : 55 orion 50 Atlantic
Items I Can Gift : Fuel3, Catalyst, DND sign, Chocolate candies, Generator, Photo album, Landing lamp, Writing desk, Paint, Powerful radio transmitter, U-balk, Passengers (10), Fuel supply, Aircraft tire, Imprinter,Videowal, Fuel Additives, Projector, Additional Radar, Generator, White gold bracelet, Spare Wire, Insulation, Passenger seat, Cashterminal, Cashcounter,Videowall, Flight catering, Oscillating beacon, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller,Archivebox, Deicer, Grinding machine, Wireless Compass, Blanket, Dryers, Laminator, Attitude Indicator,Drawingboard, Glazing Machines,Earplugs,Fruit Lollipops

Back to top Go down

Post by ayonatan Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi all. Just come home from hospitalized. Shocking when trying to build farmer market and noted the loop hole didn't work. I should demolish my city again. It seem that GI doesn't want us keep all previous building once an even finish.It will be easier for me to keep the population low by buying a stone castle. But do you want to play a game when you see your city without variation. Another way is to demolish all my Brazilian Villa, as they may used it as special event later. All of this things not xomfortable for me. It's not aboutvto make your city nice but to keep the populationlow. How you keep it low? Just buy all greeny building.
ayonatan
ayonatan

Level : 45
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Do Not Disturb Sign, Bench, Bench, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Chanel Bar, Passanger, Powerful Radio Transmiter, Assembly Robot, POS Terminal, Eau de Toillete, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Whiteboard, Fuel Additive, Insulation, Solar Cell, Additional radar, Make Up, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Defroster, Nav Module, Master Plan, Gyroscope, Propeler, Deicer, Controller, Fax

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavolko Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:52 am

I completely agree with you, the bug was nice feature, at least you could seriously plan what to do and how. Right now, I have to adjust my strategy even further, when I need money I go for commercial building and green planes, when I plan some trips to jumbos I have to build more pop building. It is not that bad as it may look at the first moment. Just a bit more fun and more depth in the game.

Pavolko

Level : 50
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst - Bath towel - Imprinter - Pearl earrings - Paint - Generator - Great shots - Landing Lamp - Dispatcher console - Handling line - Fuel (20) - Powerful Radio Transmitter - Spaceship engine - Glass display case - Filled candies - Fuel Supply - Aircraft tire - Calculator - Fuel Additives - Power Source - Spaceship launch console - Additional Radar - Perfume - Shredder - Spare Wire - Hull parts - Passenger seat - Oscillating Beacon - Packaging machine - Navigation Module - City model - Fuel Hose - Altimeter - Spare Propeller - Deicer - Air vent filter - Wireless compass - Centrifuge - Blanket - Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedabomb Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:57 am

Now it seems the thing to do with greens is NOT buy additional plots of land; instead buy the grrens-only buildings that yield lots of passengers/coins but cost no population.
mikedabomb
mikedabomb

Back to top Go down

Post by airbuscity Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:27 pm

OMG . . . just tore down half my city to rebuild with Farmers Markets and found the rules have been changed again !!! pale  pale  pale  . . . Didn't discover this thread until too late.

I'm so p*ss'd off - my city is now pretty much crippled, I've wiped out most of my commercial buildings and now seem to have no chance to gather the coins required for next town hall upgrade, which wouldn't even get me close to back to where I was just earlier today.

May be the last straw for me folks as I think this finally tips the fun vs. frustration balance completely on the side of the latter.

Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad
airbuscity
airbuscity

Level : 49
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst - All-Inclusive Bracelet - Air Conditioner - Pearl Earrings - Cockpit Glass - Welder - Travel Guide - Landing Lamp - Dispatcher Console - Sand Bag - Fuel 20 - Powerful Radio Transmitter - Video Wall - Textbook - Eau de Toilette - Fuel Supply - Jet Engine - Wide-angle Binoculars - Fuel Additives - Drill Machine - Communication Antenna - Additional Radar - Makeup - Shredder - Spare Wire - Hull Parts - Landing Gear - Oscillating Beacon - Flight Catering - Packaging Machine - Navigation Module - City Model - Fuel Hose - Gyroscope - Spare Propeller - Deicer - Yagi-Uda Antenna - Air Vent Filter - Monitor - Holographic Display - Wireless Compass - Dryer - Blanket - Altitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by parking_god Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:26 am

mikedabomb wrote:Now it seems the thing to do with greens is NOT buy additional plots of land; instead buy the grrens-only buildings that yield lots of passengers/coins but cost no population.

I'm sure that's exactly GI's intent - get the power players to spend greens (i.e., real money).
parking_god
parking_god

Level : 70/545/9
Items I Can Gift : N/A at the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by Bastoska Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:45 am

Feeling land locked myself. Plenty of population to build more buildings, but no room left. Was hoping GI would expand the city boundries, but that doesn't make them any money. Making us constantly destroy and rebuild keeps us spending greens. Maybe we should boycott all the upcoming quests??
Bastoska
Bastoska

Level : 55
Items I Can Gift : Fuel 3 Units, Passengers (5), Fuel Catalyst, Bath Towel, ATM, Single Malt Whiskey, Paint, Generator, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Radar, Handling Line, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Video Wall, Flight Helmet, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Aircraft Tire, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Drill Machine, Spaceship Launch Console, Additional Radar, Makeup, Cash Counter, Lining Plate, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Wireless Compass, Dryer, Blanket, Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedabomb Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:16 am

If I wasn't getting the weekly greens bonus for Android I think I'd quit!
mikedabomb
mikedabomb

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Wow.. I just posted about this same exact "new" issue in the "issues" forum:
(Link to my post here) I guess I should have checked here first! Seems I'm not alone.

The "trick" we were using of demolishing and rebuilding is indeed not working anymore, and now the city I've spent nearly 2 years on is a shambles.

I think this may be the last straw. In addition to this new issue, the fact that I'm likely never going to reach the monetary requirements for all of the level 8 upgrades AND the space upgrades has really turned me off. Sad
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Level : 45 (9 hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Passengers (5 - Facebook only), Fuel (3 - Facebook only), Do Not Disturb Sign, Goal Posts, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding machine, Arcade Machine, Intercom, Fingerprint Reader, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:21 pm

airbuscity wrote:

May be the last straw for me folks as I think this finally tips the fun vs. frustration balance completely on the side of the latter.

Agree completely. I don't know what the point of playing is now, and this was one of the first games I ever installed.
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Passengers (5 - Facebook only), Fuel (3 - Facebook only), Do Not Disturb Sign, Goal Posts, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding machine, Arcade Machine, Intercom, Fingerprint Reader, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?' Empty I did the same thing.. ..

Post by isceo Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:14 pm

airbuscity wrote:OMG . . . just tore down half my city to rebuild with Farmers Markets and found the rules have been changed again !!! pale  pale  pale  . . . Didn't discover this thread until too late.

I'm so p*ss'd off - my city is now pretty much crippled, I've wiped out most of my commercial buildings and now seem to have no chance to gather the coins required for next town hall upgrade, which wouldn't even get me close to back to where I was just earlier today.

Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad   Evil or Very Mad

omg.. I just did the same thing you did.. thinking i will be able to build more.. .but.. I'm locked and I can't get many passengers anymore.

isceo

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:17 pm

My only recourse was to buy several buildings using greens I had (instead of the ones that cost coins), since they apparently don't count against the population total. But honestly, I may just stop playing this game as often. Like Airbus said, it's just not as fun as it once was, and there are too many goals that are unrealistic given the new restrictions. Sad
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by isceo Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:19 pm

rockmsockm,

I agree with ya. I feel so terrible right now.. Also with gifts, I've been sending chairs for my city halls and in return I get a notebook instead! Quiet pissed at the game.. Kills time but not fun.

isceo

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:23 pm

Yea, it's not cool. This game has been on my phone longer than any other game... It's bad enough that I actually bought currency at least 2-3 times over the last 2 years, but the gameplay now feels like wasted effort. Sigh.
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by isceo Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:30 pm

agree.. I used up my greens for upgrades that couldn't be completed by making flights...
maybe next upgrade they will let you build over population limit but I doubt it.

isceo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down