Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back To School - V1.55

+6
Roar
BobbyChang
aksanchez79
swtiger
KingTippytoes
tamildv
10 posters

Go down

Back To School - V1.55 Empty Back To School - V1.55

Post by tamildv Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:55 am

GameInSight have release version 1.55.

At first glance the changes appear to be a new promo “Back to School”

Build a University (x1 - Max 10) – get by completing the “Knowledge of Power” collection.
Obtain the College Sports Collection by visiting University (x4)
Assemble a With Honours collection by visiting University (x4)

Time 13days to complete:

Three new locations added:
Cambridge – 3hr flight time, 14 fuel, 38 passengers - turboprop
Sorbonne – 8hr flight time, 22 fuel, 80 passengers - Jet
Stanford – 16hr flight time, 30 fuel, 160 passengers - Delta

University – 2x2 tiles, 1hr build time – 500 coins to speed up – pay out every 4 hrs

More info to follow

Last edited by tamildv on Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Back To School - V1.55 Empty Re: Back To School - V1.55

Post by KingTippytoes Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:07 am

Is it just me though, because I have already done about nine plane trips to the three new places and got nothing back yet to start 'Knowledge is Power' in order to build the university!!
Is anybody else having a similar problem or are they being extra stingy?
Thanks, KingTippytoes

KingTippytoes

Level : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by swtiger Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:21 am

I need 2 more items to complete build the university. add me if you completed your university.

Friend Code: amlxlcq
swtiger
swtiger

Level : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by tamildv Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:08 am

For those seeking to complete the two collections for the Back to School promo - I have 10 universities. So help yourselves…

BTW the flight times and drop rates are bad – almost used up all my reserve fuel to get these!!!
tamildv
tamildv

Level : 40 (276 stars), 9 Hearts

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/u50

Back to top Go down

Back To School - V1.55 Empty back to school

Post by aksanchez79 Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:58 am

i am working on my seventh bounce univ ersity .trying to figure o ut if i need the golden dice or spyglass to up my chances of item drop from these flights. is this us considered a quest? silly question i know.

add me and get your university items.

a06wgji

Last edited by aksanchez79 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

aksanchez79

Level : 35
Items I Can Gift : Hotel Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by BobbyChang Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:14 pm

I have 6 university now. Add me to collect the items you meed ASAP.

Code:a1ll2nq

BobbyChang

Level : 35
Items I Can Gift : Item can gift- Fuel(3), Single-Malt Whiskey, Eau de Tollette, Makeup, Dispossable Shampoo, robotic lawnmower, Air Conditionner, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, landing lamp, Copy machine, Handling Line, passengers(10), Powerful radio transmitter, Textbook, Fuel supply,Jet engine, Wide-angle Blmoculars, Fuel additives, Power source, Additional radar, Shredder, Spare wire, Hull parts, Landing gear, Flight catering, Oscillating beacon, Defroster, Navigation module, Master plan, Fuel hose, Gyroscope, Spare propeller, Delcer, Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Roar Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:38 am

Ive got 2 universities so far and working on more. Code: as6mgrx

It seems to me that the droprate on the items from the universities are a bit better than the standard "very seldom" rate. But the droprate on the flight items seems low. I used the spyglass on arround 30-40 flights and it seemed to me that the drop was increased.

Roar

Level : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by timh Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:58 am

I added all three of you. I only have one university so far but feel free to add me - ank5isk

BTW - what's the bonus if you finish the collections before time runs out? I've only got a couple items so far, couple duplicates too of course...

Tim - (Rhyne in game)
timh
timh

Level : 35 (82 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Can send: Video Wall, Assembly Robot, Fuel (3 units), Single-Malt Whiskey, Eau de Tollette, White Gold Bracelet, bath towel, Goal Post, computer, cockpit glass, welder, Great Shots, landing lamp, projector, rope block, passengers (10), powerful radio transmitter, glass case, fuel supply, jet engine, Whiteboard, fuel additives, drill machine, additional radar, smoke detector, spare wire, server rack, landing gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, airvent filter

Back to top Go down

Post by kurara Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:12 pm

You get a Collider Smile
kurara
kurara

Level : 40
Items I Can Gift : Fuel (3 units), Bath Towel, Goal Post, Computer, Single-Malt Whiskey, Cockpit Glass,Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Radar, Channel Bar, Passengers(10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Assembly Robot, Flight Helmet, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding Machine.

Back to top Go down

Post by timh Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:24 am

Dang it!!! I thought I had it completed but it turned out that I didn't pay close enough attention to know that I needed 4 of each of the item sets...

In the words of Glum from Gulliver's Travels "We'll (or I'll) never make it"
timh
timh

Items I Can Gift : Can send: Video Wall, Assembly Robot, Fuel (3 units), Single-Malt Whiskey, Eau de Tollette, White Gold Bracelet, bath towel, Goal Post, computer, cockpit glass, welder, Great Shots, landing lamp, projector, rope block, passengers (10), powerful radio transmitter, glass case, fuel supply, jet engine, Whiteboard, fuel additives, drill machine, additional radar, smoke detector, spare wire, server rack, landing gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, airvent filter

Back to top Go down

Post by janesb Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:22 am

I've got two universities now. If it helps any others

janesb

Level : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by lifesavedave Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:06 am

Well i finally got a university...2hrs and 5 minutes left!
It only took me,

24 flights to stanford
55 flights to Sorbonne
and who knows how many to Cambridge! If i had to guess i would say probably double the amount of flights i did to Sorbonne since it's half the time.

Seriously, i made between 175-200 flights and ended up with 8 telescopes, 5 microscopes, 1 board, 11 lasers, and 2 globes! I have no idea how some of you guys got 5+ universities. Maybe just bad luck.

Unfortunately i still didn't complete the quest because i failed to get the other objectives Sad I got 3 honors and 1 college sports. This was also difficult for me. I have a 7 reputation and 4 friends with 5+ universities i was visiting everyday. Everyperson i visited had at least one university and i didn't make it.

A little disappointed with this quest but look forward to the next :p

lifesavedave

Level : New 15/ OLD :(152 stars)
Items I Can Gift : DND sign,speaker,bench,air conditioner, chocolate candies, cockpit glass, welder, album, Landing lamp, projector, channel bar, 10 passengers, P. radio transmitter, spaceship engine, anti-theft gate, cognac, fuel supply, whiteboard, fuel addititives, insulation, optical system, additional radar, white gold bracelet, smoke detector, spare wire, hull parts, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, cooling chamber, navigation mod., archive box, fuel hose, gyro, spare propeller, deicer, grinding machine.

Back to top Go down

Post by timh Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:28 am

Yeah, had a similar experience. I don't think I quite needed as many flights but the drop rate for items from the universities was so poor that I was lucky to get one or two a day, even with similar friends as yours. It seems like these special quests/tasks should be doable if you're committed to completing them but it seems like it required quite a bit of luck as well.

I wonder if some here are using this strategy if they have rooted phones/devices. If you backup your game, then go through the flight and university drops and if you don't like what you get, just restore your game and do it again. That would certainly help quite a bit if it worked. I might even root my phone just so I could do it...
timh
timh

Back to top Go down

Post by janesb Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:52 am

also tried hard to complete this and failed. I had two universities by the end but despite flying all 5 of my planes to the specified locations constantly I missed out by one College Sports Collection (although it would have been two but for getting one with 5 minutes to go).

Very disappointing and not sure if I'll bother with any more.

janesb

Level : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down