Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The sands of times (Adventure) quests

4 posters

Go down

The sands of times (Adventure) quests Empty The sands of times (Adventure) quests

Post by airtiggus Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:31 am

There's no game guide for this "Adventure" thing (which is not a Quest since there's nobody helping you step by step in a small bubble on the left), and since it's going to take months of epic frustration to finish, I thought it'd be worthwhile to know what you're setting foot unto.

It all started with 5 maps that were unlocking 5 destinations in the ancient Aztec world, and the prize of this adventure was a 3x3 Aztec Pyramid. Then came Stonehenge and the Ancient World.

And finally, a recent update added 2 more (ancient Rome and ancient Egypt) and changed all the rules, so the information that was documented in this forum is no longer valid.

If you want to visit ancient worlds (and get those shiny old stones, and perhaps even that Louvre museum), here's how it goes:

1) Mesoamerica
Fly to "Excavations: mesoamerica" (Turboprop / 20F / 38P / requires one flight item: Excavation Map, 6h) and hope for flight to drop a nice little "Map Chest: mesoamerica" (don't get too enthusiastic, it drops "seldom": about 5%).
You can buy the flight item: Excavation Map from Duke's Airship store (20 pieces, 2000 coins each, or 5 greens).

That little chest contains one random map to one of the mesoamerica destinations (Machu picchu, Tollan, Quetzalcaotl temple, Tenochtitlan, Chichen Itza temple).

Each map, when activated, reveals a new destination (e.g. Tollan) for 6 hours. You'll see that flights to that destination (Turboprop / 20F / 38P) inconveniently last for ... 6 hours. You'll want to fly there as much as you can for those 6 hours to gather a piece of the "Sacred Mask" collection (from Tollan, you'll get Obsidian knife). Each complete collection gives you a Bronze Chest (contains some goodies, nothing that helps you with the current task), but you really want to reach 6 completed collections to receive (finally!) an Aztec Pyramid (that one is worth it: +50 pop. total, gives one collectible per day).

Here are all mesoamerica destinations and their required planes (all flights 6 hours; double fuel to complete):
Excavations -- Turbo Prop: 20 Fuel - 38 Passengers - drops Map Chest "seldom" (5 - 10%)
Machu Picchu- Turbo Prop: 20 Fuel - 38 Passengers - drops "seldom" (used to be 25%)
Tollan -------- Turbo Prop: 20 Fuel - 38 Passengers - drops "seldom" (used to be 25%)
Quetzalcoatl Temple-- Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops "seldom" (10%)
Tenochtitlan     ------- Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops "seldom" (10%)
Chichen Itza Temple-- Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops "seldom" (5%)

2) Ancient Rome (all flights 6 hours; double fuel to complete):
Excavations ---- Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops Map Chest "seldom" (5 - 10%)
Constantinople - Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Carthage  ------  Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Veii       -------- Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Ephesus  ------- Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Merida    ------- Jet: 24 Fuel - 80 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%

3) Stonehenge (all flights 6 hours; double fuel to complete):
Excavations - Delta (white): 35 Fuel - 160 Passengers - drops Map Chest "seldom" (5 - 10%)
Avaricum --- Delta (white): 40 Fuel - 160 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Gergovie  -- Delta (white): 40 Fuel - 160 Passengers - drops "seldom" (used to be 25%)
Bibracte  --- Powerful Delta (blue): 40 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops 5% (I got 2/40, including with a Golden Dice and Spyglass active)
Alesia    ---- Powerful Delta (blue): 40 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops 10%? (I got 3/12, then 0/14)
Londinium -- Powerful Delta (blue): 40 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops "seldom" (used to be 25%, now less)

4) Ancient Egypt (all flights 6 hours; double fuel to complete):
Excavations  - Powerful Delta: 42 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops Map Chest "seldom" (5 - 10%)
Cairo    ------ Powerful Delta: 40 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Memphis   --- Powerful Delta: 40 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Luxor    ------ Powerful Delta: 40 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Kom Ombo -- Powerful Delta: 42 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops "seldom" (I got 2/9 with Spyglass)
Heliopolis  --- Powerful Delta: 40 Fuel - 260 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%

5) Ancient World (all flights 6 hours; double fuel to complete):
Excavations  - Jumbo: 48 Fuel - 380 Passengers - drops Map Chest "seldom" (5 - 10%)
Delphi         - Jumbo: 50 Fuel - 380 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Athens        - Jumbo: 50 Fuel - 380 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Troy          -- Jumbo: 50 Fuel - 380 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Thebes        - Jumbo: 50 Fuel - 380 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%
Sparta         - Jumbo: 50 Fuel - 380 Passengers - drops "seldom" ??%

Note 1: Destinations in green are as per the description for sure; the others are supposed to be (they were before the update, and I assume it hasn't changed).

Note 2: Golden Dice seems ineffective (made about 10 landings (Bibracte) with 0 drop). Spyglass looks better (got 1 drop out of 7 landings (Bibracte), then 2 out of 9 (Kom Ombo)). Don't know about Dice or SkyCaptain, will try them too but with little hope.

I am interested in gathering more stats about the drop rates, so please respond with your own experiences...

PS: Original information found in this thread (now partially outdated).

Last edited by airtiggus on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected Egypt flights, changed Spyglass info.)

airtiggus

Level : 50
Items I Can Gift : bath towel, great shots, lawnmower, airco, radar, handling line, spaceship engine, flight helmet, stapler, power source, amperemeter, laser cutter, cooling chamber, archive box, grinding machine, cockpit glass, jetengine, landing gear, gyroscope, chocolate candies, cognac, white-gold bracelet

Back to top Go down

The sands of times (Adventure) quests Empty Re: The sands of times (Adventure) quests

Post by Big Kev Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:20 pm

Thanks for collating all the data Airtuggus!

I'll be undertaking the Ancient Egypt destinations soon once my fleet of Powerful Delta's finish the last few Stonehenge flights. So I will forward on what drop rates I encounter. I agree that the drop rates from the Stonehenge destinations is now around the 5% mark.

I was attempting to get 5 each of the reward structures (i.e pyramid, stonehenge) but their use has become limited since the last update. They are great for boosting the max population limit (mine is now at 1550) but they no longer drop quest related items. That is, the daily drop is just from the general collections...

Big Kev

Level : 45(222 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Shears, Fuel catalyst, Bath Towel, Goal Posts, Computer, Single-Malt Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Tour Review, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Rope Block, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Robot Tester, Textbook, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Wide Angle Binoculars, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Optical System, Additional Radar, Makeup, Shredder, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Packaging Machine, Navigation Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Arcade Machine, Podium, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

The sands of times (Adventure) quests Empty Re: The sands of times (Adventure) quests

Post by rjcasey Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:10 am

-I used golden dice to get 12/65 maps from excavations Mesoamerica of which 3 were to chichen itza.
-Using 2 maps and 2 sets of golden dice I was able to get 24 bird helms out of ~120 flights. The drop rate seems to be around 20% with the golden dice.
-6/22 (was 5/20) for Furietti Centaurs/Ephesus with golden dice.
-In response to the last comment, is this true that all these reward structures drops are only from general collections or are some of the structures dropping from special collections?

rjcasey

Level : 50
Items I Can Gift : fuel catalyst, shampoo, imprinter, skin care products, cockpit glass, generator, album, landing light, dispatcher console, channel bar, fuel (20), powerful radio transmiter, assembly robot, packaging machine, anti-theft gate, filled candies, fuel supply, jet engine, whiteboard, fuel additives, insulation, solar cell, additional radar, perfume, smoke detector, spare wire, server rack, landing gear, oscillating beacon, flight catering, defroster, navigation module, master plan, fuel hose, altimeter, spare propeller, deicer, controller, Information Sign, Energy-Saving Lamp, Wireless compass, flatwork ironer, blanket, Coffee Machine, Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by R3d_F1v3 Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:56 am

rjcasey wrote:
-In response to the last comment, is this true that all these reward structures drops are only from general collections or are some of the structures dropping from special collections?
Yes, this is true. I have had 3 Aztec Pyramids and one Stonehenge for quite some time now, and I am finishing up on my first Sphinx. These buildings used to drop items from all collections, but now they drop items for just the regular collections. Today I got one item each from the Garden Gnome World Tour, A Walk Through Montmarte, The Sound of Music and the Men of Steel collections.
R3d_F1v3
R3d_F1v3

Level : 70 (598 Stars, 9 Hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Fuel (3), Fuel Catalyst, Bath Towel, Air Coniditioner, Single-Malt Whiskey, Paint, Generator, Great Shots, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Rope Block, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Video Wall, Laser Level, Guest Book, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Aircraft Tire, Calculator, Fuel Additives, Drill Machine, Optical System, Additional Radar, Makeup, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Transmitter, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent, Wireless Compass, Dryer, Blanket, Attitude Indicator, Screw Press, Earplugs, Fruit Lollipop, Boring Machine, Bed, E-Reader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down