Airport City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Max Population No Longer Right

+25
skinnyb37
natholian
Wabbitgirl
ayonatan
angelica_rv
teddybearpa
Pavolko
gelatine
drivefast99
leeburt82
littleb
GASBS
Timeweasel
mikedabomb
flying dutchman
SannSunn
3MSW
adamali
Foxfire
Canterbury
Brintal
Big Kev
Erasmus
iamice
kcnwa
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Max Population No Longer Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Max Population No Longer Right

Post by adamali Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:00 am

It looks like GI wanted to get rid of older players with fully developed cities and have no or little need for greenie. On the other hand newer players are enticed to spend reap $ to shorten the time spent on each stage. It could very much be server capacity issue.

At first I thought it was an innocent bug by GI which would be fixed in no time. But when looking at the correspondence between GI and the griefers and waiting for so long without getting the issue fixed, it has become apparent that we're all ought to move on and do without GI products.

I will wait for 24 more hours before I uninstall the game. I don't intend to come back for any of GI games. I encourage you to do the same; )

adamali

Level : 37
Items I Can Gift : Do Not Disturb Sign, Fuel Catalyst, Bench, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Paint, Generator, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Powerful Radio Transmitter, Assembly Robot, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, White Board, Fuel Additives, Insulation, Solar Cell, Additional Radar, Perfume, Smoke Detector, Spare Wire, Server Rack, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Parking Meter, Office Chair

http://www.jobibex.com

Back to top Go down

Max Population No Longer Right - Page 2 Empty Re: Max Population No Longer Right

Post by ayonatan Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:36 am

Actually GI already give solution for this condition. When the last Duke Plane come, they offer you to buy special building from previous events with fantastic green. Just realized why they sell special building.... they hope you will spend more money on this game. So far I only spend USD20 for this game. And trust me, with this condition, I will not ever spend real money again for online games.
ayonatan
ayonatan

Level : 45
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Do Not Disturb Sign, Bench, Bench, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Chanel Bar, Passanger, Powerful Radio Transmiter, Assembly Robot, POS Terminal, Eau de Toillete, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Whiteboard, Fuel Additive, Insulation, Solar Cell, Additional radar, Make Up, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Defroster, Nav Module, Master Plan, Gyroscope, Propeler, Deicer, Controller, Fax

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxfire Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:18 am

I keep getting the same useless replies from gi on my max population mails. On top of this my other issue i have with them will kill my spirit to go on. My plane count on the world maps where not counting and apperently this part has been blocked by GI and they accused off being a cheater. Fact is that they noticed on 4th december that my time was changed and i wrote them back that on that day i went in holiday and yes you sometimes travel thru different timezones and i adjust my time to local time.
I am still in holiday at another continent and even if i unblock my account they will start over when i fly back *hhmmmmm*

Anyhow my end is near and before i close everything down i will place a message behind my game name and here at my profile.
Foxfire
Foxfire

Level : 40 (182 stars)
Items I Can Gift : Passengers (5) + Fuel (3 units) = facebook, Fuel Catalyst, Disposable Shampoo, Goal Posts, Computer, Single-Malt Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Tour review, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Handling Wire, Passengers(10), Powerfull Radio Transmitter, Assembly Robot, Textbook, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Whiteboard, Fuel Additives, Insolution, Communication Antenna, Additional Radar, Makeup, Smoke Detector, Spare Wire, Server Rack, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Defroster, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Controller

Back to top Go down

Post by Erasmus Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:09 am

I just keep playing. I've managed to build the Santa buildings and still have the rest of my airport with a workaround. The only downside is that it will cost extra money. But with 600k in the bank that's not really a problem.

For the one who missed it and want to build their Santa buildings.

1. Demolish residental buildings. (they can be rebuild and have a lot of population) Also make sure you don't demolish buildings you can't rebuild. Car dealers and Bowlings are also a good choice (cheap and also big population)
2. Make sure you get around 50 under your population limit.
3. Once you're around 50 under your limit rebuild everything you demolished.
4. Build your Santa buildings or whatever building you want to add.

As long as buildings are under construction they do not add to your population. As soon as they are ready they will add to your population and once you're over the limit you can't add any buildings.

Watch the construction time of any building you want to demolish and rebuild.

Last edited by Erasmus on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:13 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ..)

Erasmus

Level : 40 (163 Stars)

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavolko Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:25 am

Foxfire wrote:My plane count on the world maps where not counting and apperently this part has been blocked by GI and they accused off being a cheater. Fact is that they noticed on 4th december that my time was changed and i wrote them back that on that day i went in holiday and yes you sometimes travel thru different timezones and i adjust my time to local time.
I am still in holiday at another continent and even if i unblock my account they will start over when i fly back *hhmmmmm*

Looks like we are facing the same issue. I was travelling the whole year almost every week to Turkey and there is a time difference of 1 hour. To my surprise I was accused of cheating as well. I finished my assignment at the end of September and from that time I fighting to have a fair chances in the game. Randomly I am panished during the space launch as instead of adding points I got the message for cheating and I lose the item and should wait for the respective time. I have got already two special codes from GI, which were supposed to solve this problem and just guess what is the outcome. During today mission it happened twice from 30 clicks. I do not want to abandon the game, as I have not seen similar game, which is not growing into insane time requirements during later stages. Let´s see, hope is dying the last.

Pavolko

Level : 50
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst - Bath towel - Imprinter - Pearl earrings - Paint - Generator - Great shots - Landing Lamp - Dispatcher console - Handling line - Fuel (20) - Powerful Radio Transmitter - Spaceship engine - Glass display case - Filled candies - Fuel Supply - Aircraft tire - Calculator - Fuel Additives - Power Source - Spaceship launch console - Additional Radar - Perfume - Shredder - Spare Wire - Hull parts - Passenger seat - Oscillating Beacon - Packaging machine - Navigation Module - City model - Fuel Hose - Altimeter - Spare Propeller - Deicer - Air vent filter - Wireless compass - Centrifuge - Blanket - Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedabomb Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:47 am

GI sent me a code saying I was locked AND that I needed to fix the time zone on my device. ..all because I reported that I have several "half" neighbors ( they can see me but I can't see them) which they dared accuse me of deleting.  Not sure what connection they are making. I have not been changing time zones or messing with my phone's clock.
mikedabomb
mikedabomb

Level : 50 (192 ★,9 ♥)
Items I Can Gift : I've installed it

Back to top Go down

Post by Wabbitgirl Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:55 am

FYI: IOS users have now been hit with the same "new feature" so they didn't just target Android users and looks like this "new feature" is here to stay if they passed it onto us as well. Sure makes the game interesting to say the least. Nice Christmas present.... Very Happy
Wabbitgirl
Wabbitgirl

Level : WG 472* Level 72, WG2 341* Level 72
Items I Can Gift : WABBITGIRL: self-balancing scooter, high speed elevator, passengers (5), fuel catalyst, All-Inclusive Bracelet, imprinter, chocolate candies, paint, welder, travel guide, landing lamp, copy machine, handling line, fuel (20), powerful radio transmitter, video wall, spaceship engine flight goggles, cognac, fuel supply, aircraft tire, wide-angle binoculars, fuel additives, power source, optical system, additional radar, white gold bracelet, amperemeter, spare wire, laser cutter, landing gear, flight catering, oscillating beacon, defroster, navigation module, transmitter, fuel hose, altimeter, spare propeller, deicer, air vent filter, blanket, wireless compass, centrifuge, attitude indicator, tunnel freezer, earplugs, fruit lollipops, sliding table saw, bed, e-reader, sleeping pill, VR Headset, granulator*** Wabbitgirl2: T-square, stitcher, fuel (3), Fuel catalyst, disposable shampoo, ATM, skin care products, paint, welder, travel guide, landing lamp, copy machine, channel bar, fuel (20), powerful radio transmitter, video wall, spaceship engine, guest book, filled candies, fuel supply, aircraft tire, calculator, fuel additives, insulation, optical system, additional radar, perfume, cash counter, spare wire, lining plate, passenger seat, flight catering, oscillating beacon, defroster, navigation module, transmitter, fuel hose, gyroscope, spare propeller, deicer, air vent filter, blanket, wireless compass, centrifuge, attitude indicator, screw press, earplugs, fruit lollipops, sliding table saw, bed, e-reader, sleeping pill, VR Headset, disinfecting solution

Back to top Go down

Post by gelatine Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:40 am

Hi.

I just did a bit calculation. I realized one thing:
All commercial buildings are counted depending on its population NEEDED.
If u do the calculation carefully, only one result pop out:
You can ONLY have one of each building maximum.

In case you have more than one of each, you'd exceed max population for sure.

DAMN I have deleted 3/4 of my building, and 1/2 of my map is empty, but I'm still 1168/880.

I'd really hope to ask that darn stupid mayor how he manage the city since there r always new mission comes in, new building needed, but population limited us to go further.

gelatine

Level : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavolko Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:22 am

It is not easy to find the balance between both types of buildings. If you have enough money you could sacrifice some commercial buildings. In my case I need approximately 900k to finish level 7 terminal and control tower and therefore I prefer more commercial buildings. I have removed all buildings with interval longer than 4 hours, except the special buildings which increase the population cap. I will change that when the holiday time is over as I would not be able to log every hour.

As I have stated, this change creates a new dimension in the game and you are bind to find the right balance between needs, your time availability and allowed resources, without excel it is from my point of view almost impossible. The optimalization is different for everyone. Despite this the change was done in absolutely wrong way as I have stated earlier. Anyway good luck to find the balance.

Pavolko

Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst - Bath towel - Imprinter - Pearl earrings - Paint - Generator - Great shots - Landing Lamp - Dispatcher console - Handling line - Fuel (20) - Powerful Radio Transmitter - Spaceship engine - Glass display case - Filled candies - Fuel Supply - Aircraft tire - Calculator - Fuel Additives - Power Source - Spaceship launch console - Additional Radar - Perfume - Shredder - Spare Wire - Hull parts - Passenger seat - Oscillating Beacon - Packaging machine - Navigation Module - City model - Fuel Hose - Altimeter - Spare Propeller - Deicer - Air vent filter - Wireless compass - Centrifuge - Blanket - Attitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by natholian Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:28 pm

Hi, I am an iPhone user and the same problem has been rolled out in our recent update. It is a disincentive to spend any more money on this game, I completely agree. Idiots!

natholian

Back to top Go down

Post by skinnyb37 Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:49 am

Well, I'm bummed about the population thing (I had to demolish 4 Multi-Story Buildings, 2 House with Pools, and 2 Manors just to build the stupid ice rink), but I'm happy to hear it at least isn't a bug...
skinnyb37
skinnyb37

Level : 50 / 153 stars, 9 hearts
Items I Can Gift : Please see signature

Back to top Go down

Post by SannSunn Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:24 am

Did anyone notice as well the Brazilian houses and villas disappeared from the shop since the last update? 

I still have 2 houses in my city but deleted the rest and can't build them anymore.

SS
SannSunn
SannSunn

Level : 60 (312 stars)
Items I Can Gift : (All the usual flight items) Pax5 - Fuel20 - Shampoo - ATM - Single malt whiskey - Paint - Generator - Tour review - Projector - Rope block - Video wall - Laser level - Flight helmet - Eau de Toilette - Jet Engine - Stapler - Power source - Spaceship launch console - Make-up - Amperemeter - Laser cutter - Landing gear - Cooling chamber - Archivebox - Altimeter - Controller - Flatwork ironer - Crucible. Able to send in return (ONLY after PM): Lvl7: Mayor's portrait, Beverage cooler, Monitor - Lvl8: Podium, X-Ray scanner, Laser rangefinder - Lvl9: Postal drone, Turnstile, Infrared camera - Lvl10: Explosives Detector, Laminator, Drawing Board - MCC lvl3: Offset Gregorian Antenna - Repair base lvl6: Riveter - Reserve hangar lvl1: Wheel block, lvl2: Fluorescent Lamp, Lvl3: Machine Oil

Back to top Go down

Post by kaetidh Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:02 am

I deleted my Brazilian houses, too - except one of each - since I really don't need them all, and they take forever to give me any passengers anyways.

I was disappointed to delete most of my city, and now I won't be able to make as much money as quickly as I could, but…I guess this game really teaches patience!! Not good for people who like to have instant gratification.

SannSunn wrote:Did anyone notice as well the Brazilian houses and villas disappeared from the shop since the last update? 

I still have 2 houses in my city but deleted the rest and can't build them anymore.

SS
kaetidh
kaetidh

Items I Can Gift : Passengers(5), Fuel(3), Fuel Catalyst, Disposable Shampoo, Goal Posts, Computer, Single-Malt Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Tour Review, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Rope Block, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Robot Tester, Slide Rule, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine,Wide-angle Binoculars, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Optical System, Additional Radar, Makeup, Shredder, Spare Wire, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Defroster, Navigation Module, Master Plan, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Controller, Mayor's Portrait, Headset

Back to top Go down

Post by SannSunn Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:05 am

I agree they're not giving much passengers, but I needed them for the Stadium items. And since I deleted 5 of my stadiums as well, I would like to build the houses/villas once again in the future, so it's sad they totally disappeared in the shop!
SannSunn
SannSunn

Items I Can Gift : (All the usual flight items) Pax5 - Fuel20 - Shampoo - ATM - Single malt whiskey - Paint - Generator - Tour review - Projector - Rope block - Video wall - Laser level - Flight helmet - Eau de Toilette - Jet Engine - Stapler - Power source - Spaceship launch console - Make-up - Amperemeter - Laser cutter - Landing gear - Cooling chamber - Archivebox - Altimeter - Controller - Flatwork ironer - Crucible. Able to send in return (ONLY after PM): Lvl7: Mayor's portrait, Beverage cooler, Monitor - Lvl8: Podium, X-Ray scanner, Laser rangefinder - Lvl9: Postal drone, Turnstile, Infrared camera - Lvl10: Explosives Detector, Laminator, Drawing Board - MCC lvl3: Offset Gregorian Antenna - Repair base lvl6: Riveter - Reserve hangar lvl1: Wheel block, lvl2: Fluorescent Lamp, Lvl3: Machine Oil

Back to top Go down

Post by Canterbury Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:19 am

SannSunn wrote:I agree they're not giving much passengers, but I needed them for the Stadium items. And since I deleted 5 of my stadiums as well, I would like to build the houses/villas once again in the future, so it's sad they totally disappeared in the shop!

I, on the other hand have only 1 stadium left, but still another 30 left in storage. I was selling probably 5 every week (without completing build)... easy cash supply @500each.
Canterbury
Canterbury

Level : 50, 232
Items I Can Gift : NZL:, Fuel Catalyst, dnd, Bench, ATM, Whiskey, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Copy Machine, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), P R Trans, Assembly Robot, Guestbook, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Binocluars, Fuel Additves, Drill Machine, Optical System, Add Radar, w/G Bracelet, Cash Counter, Spare Wire, Lining Plate, Landing Gear, Osc Beacon,Flight Catering, Packaging Machine, Nav Module, City Model, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Air Vent Filter, Turnstile, Fingerprint Reader, 3d printer, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket, Altitude Indicator

Back to top Go down

Post by flying dutchman Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:08 am

feel like a mass murderer, just wiped out half a city.
Just over 600 kills

Its so empty. Sad Sad
flying dutchman
flying dutchman

Level : 55 orion 50 Atlantic
Items I Can Gift : Fuel3, Catalyst, DND sign, Chocolate candies, Generator, Photo album, Landing lamp, Writing desk, Paint, Powerful radio transmitter, U-balk, Passengers (10), Fuel supply, Aircraft tire, Imprinter,Videowal, Fuel Additives, Projector, Additional Radar, Generator, White gold bracelet, Spare Wire, Insulation, Passenger seat, Cashterminal, Cashcounter,Videowall, Flight catering, Oscillating beacon, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller,Archivebox, Deicer, Grinding machine, Wireless Compass, Blanket, Dryers, Laminator, Attitude Indicator,Drawingboard, Glazing Machines,Earplugs,Fruit Lollipops

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavolko Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:48 am

flying dutchman wrote:Its so empty. Sad Sad

Hope is dying last, so let´s wait what will the new updrage bring to us. I am still waiting for their fixation of my bug with ocassional travelling blocks. Totally random and funny enough the code they have provided prevents me to participate in the weekly awards. It´s so funny

Pavolko

Back to top Go down

Max Population No Longer Right - Page 2 Empty Easy way to get around Max population.

Post by Falubaz Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:11 pm

For all of you who missed this,

I have noticed that a lot of my friends still have a lot of free space (as I did untill I read this).

Erasmus wrote:I just keep playing.  I've managed to build the Santa buildings and still have the rest of my airport with a workaround. The only downside is that it will cost extra money. But with 600k in the bank that's not really a problem.

For the one who missed it and want to build their Santa buildings.

1. Demolish residental buildings. (they can be rebuild and have a lot of population)  Also make sure you don't demolish buildings you can't rebuild. Car dealers and Bowlings are also a good choice (cheap and also big population)
2. Make sure you get around 50 under your population limit.
3. Once you're around 50 under your limit rebuild everything you demolished.
4.  Build your Santa buildings or whatever building you want to add.

As long as buildings are under construction they do not add to your population. As soon as they are ready they will add to your population and once you're over the limit you can't add any buildings.

Watch the construction time of any building you want to demolish and rebuild.
Falubaz
Falubaz

Level : 50 (350stars)
Items I Can Gift : see profile

Back to top Go down

Post by drivefast99 Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:11 am

Also, some of your neighbors have lots of these buildings that increase your max population - a list iamice posted:

Buildings that increase maximum population

Post by iamice on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:54 am
Population +50
Space Needle
Aztec Pyramid
Stonehenge
Ancient Greek Temple

Population +20
Pioneer Lodge
Broadcast Tower
Casa Batilo
Recording Studio
The Motherland Calls
UFO Monument
Astronaut Academy
White House
Botanical Garden
Mystery Manor
Ice Hotel
Rock Shop
All-Stars Theater
Garden of Love
Genetic Research Institute
drivefast99
drivefast99

Level : 70
Items I Can Gift : DF99: Fuel Catalyst, DND Sign, Imprinter, Chocolate Candies, Paint, Generator, Album, Landing Lamp, Dispatcher Console, Channel Bar, Fuel (20), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Spaceship Engine, Glass Display Case, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Aircraft Tire, Calculator, Fuel Additives, Insulation, Solar Cell, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Smoke Detector, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding Machine, Wireless Compass, Flatwork Ironer, Blanket, Attitude Indicator, Screw Press. df19: Fuel (3), Do Not Disturb Sign, ATM, Pearl Earrings, Cockpit Glass, Generator, Tour Review, Projector, Rope Block, Fuel (20) , Video Wall, Robot Tester, Glass Display Case, Eau De Toilette, Jet Engine, Wide Angle Binoculars, Power Source, Communication Antenna, White Gold Bracelet, Smoke Detector, Server Rack, Landing Gear, Defroster, Master Plan, Gyroscope, Controller, Arcade Machine, Flatwork Ironer, Calibration Module, Screw Press.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavolko Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:32 am

Wow, thanks a lot, very helpful hint. I will aim for the pyramid as soon as possible as the space needle looks more complex task for me.

Good luck

Pavolko

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:47 pm

Well, it seems I'm a little late to this issue - I didn't realize it was affecting me because I "instantly" finished the santa challenge when I updated my game (I had collections from last year), so I never needed to add new buildings.

However, when I tried to add merry-go-rounds to finish the current challenge, I realized I couldn't. I agree with the comments here 100% - I spent so much time and actual money expanding my city, only to now realize I have sell almost half of it.

When I realized the issue, my population was 2080/1190 (I assume because of the buildings listed above that increase the "limit."). I've sold a bunch of buildings (both residential and commercial), and have gotten my population down to 1408/1190. I honestly don't know what to sell next. I'm actually considering abandoning the game, or at least taking a break - which sucks because I've been playing for almost 2 years.

If anyone has any news/tips that I missed, I'm all ears Sad

rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Level : 45 (9 hearts)
Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Passengers (5 - Facebook only), Fuel (3 - Facebook only), Do Not Disturb Sign, Goal Posts, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding machine, Arcade Machine, Intercom, Fingerprint Reader, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavolko Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:33 am

I would recomend to keep playing, I am using the following trick. As long as you are bellow limit you could add commercial buildings. So I sell the cheapest commercial buildings to go 100 below the limit, after that I place all items I need, like gazebo and similar. When I am done, I quickly place again all commercial buildings and the investment is usually back after 2 weeks. After all commercial buildings are finished I am again like 300 above the limit. I hope nobody will post this bug, but it does not work with population buildings. BTW, I would appreciate if you could add me as your neighbor.

Good luck and take care

Pavolko

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:41 pm

Well, I tried the trick both Erasmus and Pav explained (thanks!) - for the most part, it did indeed work.

Unfortunately, I sold several buildings I can't replace before trying it (oops). Additionally, the trick "stopped" working as I was placing buildings - while I was *still* under the limit - not sure why. For some reason, I got the limit warning message before I finished construction/clicked the "unlock" icon on any placed buildings. As a result, I could only replace about 80% of what I really wanted to. Oh well.

My only gripe is that I lost a decent amount of cash doing this. Additionally, I hate to think I'm going to have to do this every time there's a new challenge! Sigh.  Rolling Eyes 

rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Items I Can Gift : Fuel Catalyst, Passengers (5 - Facebook only), Fuel (3 - Facebook only), Do Not Disturb Sign, Goal Posts, ATM, Chocolate Candies, Cockpit Glass, Welder, Album, Landing Lamp, Projector, Channel Bar, Passengers (10), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Laser Level, POS Terminal, Eau de Toilette, Fuel Supply, Jet Engine, Stapler, Fuel Additives, Power Source, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Amperemeter, Spare Wire, Laser Cutter, Landing Gear, Flight Catering, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Gyroscope, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding machine, Arcade Machine, Intercom, Fingerprint Reader, Wireless Compass, Washing Machine, Blanket

Back to top Go down

Post by SannSunn Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:07 pm

The trick is to start building the buildings with the longest building time first. I indeed rebuild about 80% of what I had in my city before the Mayor's stupid decision, but that's ok.

Rebuilding after the Christmas event was definitely worth it because there was no quest for 1,5 month.

I didn't start rebuilding now because I'd first like to know whether someone knows when the next quest will probably come by. Is the Spring event the next one?

Also I just spend all my money before I had to demolish my city, so now I first have to earn a lot of money with only a few commercial buildings. Well, the game is at least a big challenge now!!

SS
SannSunn
SannSunn

Back to top Go down

Post by drivefast99 Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:31 pm

SannSunn wrote:
I didn't start rebuilding now because I'd first like to know whether someone knows when the next quest will probably come by. Is the  Spring event the next one?

I think the Spring Event will be the next one.  It should be around Easter or maybe the 1st day of spring.  You know GI is as predictable as the weather. Smile
drivefast99
drivefast99

Items I Can Gift : DF99: Fuel Catalyst, DND Sign, Imprinter, Chocolate Candies, Paint, Generator, Album, Landing Lamp, Dispatcher Console, Channel Bar, Fuel (20), Powerful Radio Transmitter, Spaceship Engine, Glass Display Case, Cognac, Fuel Supply, Aircraft Tire, Calculator, Fuel Additives, Insulation, Solar Cell, Additional Radar, White Gold Bracelet, Smoke Detector, Spare Wire, Hull Parts, Passenger Seat, Oscillating Beacon, Flight Catering, Cooling Chamber, Navigation Module, Archive Box, Fuel Hose, Altimeter, Spare Propeller, Deicer, Grinding Machine, Wireless Compass, Flatwork Ironer, Blanket, Attitude Indicator, Screw Press. df19: Fuel (3), Do Not Disturb Sign, ATM, Pearl Earrings, Cockpit Glass, Generator, Tour Review, Projector, Rope Block, Fuel (20) , Video Wall, Robot Tester, Glass Display Case, Eau De Toilette, Jet Engine, Wide Angle Binoculars, Power Source, Communication Antenna, White Gold Bracelet, Smoke Detector, Server Rack, Landing Gear, Defroster, Master Plan, Gyroscope, Controller, Arcade Machine, Flatwork Ironer, Calibration Module, Screw Press.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedabomb Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:36 pm

rockmsockm wrote:I got the limit warning message before I finished construction/clicked the "unlock" icon on any placed buildings.

I think that explains it. Once the lock appears you are "charged"with the population. So you need to be done with starting all the buildings BEFORE any of them finish.
mikedabomb
mikedabomb

Back to top Go down

Post by SannSunn Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 pm

drivefast99 wrote:
SannSunn wrote:
I didn't start rebuilding now because I'd first like to know whether someone knows when the next quest will probably come by. Is the  Spring event the next one?

I think the Spring Event will be the next one.  It should be around Easter or maybe the 1st day of spring.  You know GI is as predictable as the weather. Smile

Thanks for the info DF, I should have known you would have the answer to every question regarding events  Very Happy 

So then we'll have again about 1,5 month before we have to start deleting buildings again.
I recall the back to school and Halloween event were very close to each other, at least two events in autumn, so then it's a waist of money to rebuild everything between the events.
SannSunn
SannSunn

Back to top Go down

Post by drivefast99 Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 am

SannSunn wrote:
So then we'll have again about 1,5 month before we have to start deleting buildings again.
I recall the back to school and Halloween event were very close to each other, at least two events in autumn, so then it's a waist of money to rebuild everything between the events.

Check the post from ICE in this tread of buildings that increase population.

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/t1240-population-of-special-buildings

You can also work on the special flights or space flights to get some of these buildings. I'm almost through with the green rocket quest. It will keep you from having to delete so much. Also, I am using my greens to buy the stone castle and replacing my mansions. Frees up 18 population and gives me twice the passengers.

Yes, last fall we had the Halloween, Back to School, Thanksgiving, and Christmas events very close together.
drivefast99
drivefast99

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:29 am

mikedabomb wrote:I think that explains it.  Once the lock appears you are "charged"with the population.  So you need to be done with starting all the buildings BEFORE any of them finish.

I actually suspected that would happen, but I'm quite sure the numeric population indicator never increased as the "lock" icons appeared, so I didn't account for it. By the time I found out, it was too late. Oh well...
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:37 am

drivefast99 wrote:

Check the post from ICE in this tread of buildings that increase population.

https://airportcity.forumotion.com/t1240-population-of-special-buildings

You can also work on the special flights or space flights to get some of these buildings.

Note that I had/have plenty of the buildings listed, but the game still forced me to sell enough buildings to get under the hard, lvl 7 unmodified population cap of 1210. In other words, I have at least 300 bonus population thanks to those buildings, but getting under 1510 wasn't sufficient - I had to sell more and get under 1210. I'm just upset I sold a few buildings I can't rebuild. This population thing is a rather annoying "update" to say the least.
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by rgrubejr Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:42 am

I am having that same problem, I wrote to GI support. I was asked for screen shots of my air port. Before I contacted them I had already sold 8 stadiums, 7 dolphinariums, and 2 of the giant 3 x 3 green buildings. My reply was I needed to calculate what my total population was. Today Sat, 2/22/2014 I wanted to build the merry go rounds to finish the valentine collection. I now have ten of them in my warehouse. I decided fine I will delete some more things, I sold 3 of the round buildings, 3 of the of the bearing-wall houses, and 4 of the tower buildings. The game still tells me my population is at max capacity or what ever it says. It gives me a button to upgrade, and that button is worthless. I'm about ready to say screw it and delete it from my tablet. I was also told in my reply from them to come here and see if anyone else is having that problem. Well look at all the posts, it shows the same problem I am having. Maybe they should monitor this page and see its not only me. And to reply to Drive fast99, I am told my max population is only 1050. If you go buy anything with green backs, those you can by all day

rgrubejr

Level : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavolko Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:13 am

Hmm, my max is at 1000 still as no level 8 townhall finished. It is always very challanging to place any building, 3 merry-go-around was as usual very costly to place. Nevertheless I am starting to like this limit placement, it is pushing me to go for pyramid quest earlier I have expected.

Pavolko

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:26 am

Well like I mentioned, I have a pyramid and at least 10 other population expanding buildings, and they were of little benefit. It's unfortunate that the new limit all but negates the expansion work people have done. At least I can rely on the method outlined above next time there's an event... Smile
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by SannSunn Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:56 am

I made a list to check after how many days I will have my investments back when I will rebuild everything. I don't succeed to get the list here with a good layout.

You can use this list, instead of checking every building like I did...
And then you only have to do the math (costs/coins) and estimate how often a day you will be able to collect from the building.

The average amount of days before you will earn a profit is about 4.
Only for the sport bar you have to collect for 10 days (collecting twice a day), and for the Opera and the 5 Star hotel 20 days.
I didn't check it for every commercial buildings, only the ones I had and want to rebuild.
So when the next event will be in April/late March, it's definitely worth it to rebuild everything right now.

SS
SannSunn
SannSunn

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:08 pm

I know this is an old topic, but the population issue has cropped up again, and now the old "trick" some earlier users suggested is not working anymore.

For one of the current "Space" missions, I had to "visit" a sporting goods store. Since I didn't have one, I had to build one. Unfortunately, I was unable to build it because I was "exceeding the population limit."

So, I was forced to sell a bunch of manors, houses, car dealerships and bowling alleys to get my population down again - then I tried the "trick" I found in this thread.

Once I got under the population limit and was able to build, I started to re-place my sold buildings BEFORE the construction was complete on the store - but this time, instead of letting me place them all, I was given the warning again - I can't place ANY of the buildings I once had. The "trick" no longer works for me.

Anyone have any advice? I can't see any way around this issue.
This is extremely frustrating, and has reduced the city I worked on to a shambles. Coupled with the almost unreachable monetary requirements to buy the level 8 upgrades, this has made me consider deleting this game once and for all. Sad

EDIT: It seems I'm not alone with this new issue - and there is a similar thread in the "general discussion" area here: Latest update 'fixed' another 'bug?'
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by mikedabomb Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:07 am

Rock - I can see you found the other thread. There really is no work around. It forces you to "under build" so to speak.
mikedabomb
mikedabomb

Back to top Go down

Post by rockmsockm Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:04 am

mikedabomb wrote:Rock - I can see you found the other thread.   There really is no work around. It forces you to "under build" so to speak.

Under build is putting it mildly. I've been playing this game for nearly 2 years, and now my city is half gone. Really sucks.
rockmsockm
rockmsockm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2